Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At this point its very hard to work the peice. The roll prevents your mallet from contact. So what I did was pulled the roll so it would be a tad more "open"... I was now able to work the peice from any angle...

Ps) Dr. Benway, Not sure what a "whiteworth log" is. I have used palmtree stumps so anything works...The ss is 22g and I think it was marked 304?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
More of the same...I have found that with SS annealing is key. I put 10 hours into a nice 20g fender only to find a crack along the edge.Scraped it!~ (Not talking about the current peice)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ps) Dr. Benway, Not sure what a "whiteworth log" is. I have used palmtree stumps so anything works...The ss is 22g and I think it was marked 304?
He's messing with you. Because Brit bikes have Whitworth threads and bolt sizes.
The demo looks good and I'm glad you did it. I think there might have been a couple of people on here that thought you faked the fender before. Keep at it and you are gonna be awesome with the metal. When I get going on my "so called street rod" project I may have to talk to you about doing some work for me.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks man
Yea I got that vibe, thats why I did this...I plan on sticking around here for a while and want to be taken seriously. I'll let people come watch me if they want. I take independent classes for highschool,have all the time in the world...

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.