Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here and not sure what is acceptable as bike types here----\:confused:
I [and friends] have been building on this 800 Kawasaki for a couple years now-[damn I'm slow].
Anyone wanna see more?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a brief history of this bikes makeup.....
It started with the engine an 800 CC V twin water cooled.....a Hardtail stretched and raked frame .....
I wanted the water cooling without seeing that damned radiator so it is mounted horizontally above front head inside a pair of 7 gallon flatsides......
Also it was a chain and I wanted a belt drive so that got made too.
here is where its at now.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have been riding it lateley -got a 13" wide solo leather saddle on it with a 2by 4 used as springs......:(
It runs out nice and sure needs some baffles and maybe wrap the pipes for now!!
Guess what- that cooling system works perfect with radiator under the gas tank- all my Harley friends said I'd boil the hide off my balls the first mile of riding!
suprised me most of all!!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
[- all my Harley friends said I'd boil the hide off my balls the first mile of riding!
suprised me most of all!![/quote]
at yer age , do ya really need them??:D
you gotta bring that kow to the hamb meetin on the 10th if ya make it!!that bike looks killer kenny...dont try to take my trophy cause it aint gonna happin ..heres a pic for inspiration!!:D breeder:)

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"MAD-KOW":D .....UPDATE.....
Well I have it running better now- I can tell you -if you use a newer bike as a donor,you will have to in most cases use all the damned PCV and such to get it running right.....
I finally got all that plumbing stuffed in the minimal spaces to evacuate the crankcase properly-
FIRST ride was me ending up entirely bathed in hot oil and nearly setting myself on fire!:D
Another thing I eventually realized is the necessity of having the right back pressure on the exhaust and the proper restriction in the AIR CLEANER INTAKE.......
I made a set of baffles by "slit cutting" a peice of 1"dia by 12"L conduit with a thin cut off wheel and welding a large dia washer on each end to fit inside the 2"pipes these were rode and shortened rode and shortened till I ended up at about 9" as an end length.....

The most staggering difference I discovered was the amount of restriction NEEDED in the air cleaners intake.....
I had eliminated the stok 800's air box as there just was not ANY room under those tanks for it any more....
Littl;e did I know that it WAS necessary for correct throttle response....
I made a restrictor plate [in the housing's openings] and by riding and trimming TILL I arrived at a :D "happy spot" that ended up making the KehienS[sp?] CV carb- "piston" operate properly when you rolled on!

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
still see the roadsters home???i hopr the kat didnt back out:eek: if he did ill trade ya for a red chevy!!!:D :D kaws lookin good man:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kind of what I was wanting to do with my 800, except now I'm wanting to do a sportbike rear and front suspension, kind of like a Roland Sands type bike.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I know this motor is new enough to not be a normal choice for a chopper- But I have a question- Lately it will run seemingly good and then just one loud POP:D and then it stops runnin-..... ya wait a minute and it starts up and runs again....is that electrical?
I installed a new CDI box/Igniter....no cure yet!!????
I am hopin someone here is a Tech on later bikes or has one of the 800 s and can help out here.....
Here are a couple pics that are updated----[By the way] Im painting it now- it is House of Kolor Orion Silver flake with Tangelo Pearl Orange on top of tank...[rattle can style!]There is a pic of the LED diamond taillights too.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wellllllll.......Seems like I may have found something that helped the:D "Pop and die" symptoms I have been having earlier on the "MadKow".....
I was wiring up my stop lights and discovered that the positive battery cable had worked loose at the battery!
It seems like I can do some stupid shit very easily!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts