Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
4,032 Posts
I see silicon bronze rod in your future...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Looks as if the other rear leg has been slobbered on by weasels, too. No?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes I think so... Will check it all out in depth upon strip down.. Me and my shop have little to no experience with Girder forks... But its just mechanical right ... Im sure there will be a learning curve but ill get there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can,t beat a old sidevalve Beeza for reliabilty, had them for years just sold my 41 WM20 after 18years of ownership, but I gotta a 48 M21 last year of girder/rigids to replace it. Your has the makings of a nice machine but looks like it has had it far share of bodges.. them forks need serious attention, I would make a jig then chop out the rear tubes clean up the castings and fit new rear tubes with slugs into the castings and sweat braze them together.Your gearbox is loose because the large washers on lower fixings are missing, good news is you have the best clutch you can fit to a M20/21 I have had these fitted to all my beeza sidevalves fit & forget.You gonna rebuild it to ex WD spec ? .These bikes can be geared up with more teeth on engine sprocket my old WM20 ran a 21 tooth sprocket and would sit at 60-65 mph all day even fully loaded..see photo

My current YM21

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Wow Those are nice TribsaUK !!! I dream mine will look that good... Yes I will make it look as close to 1943 war spec as money will allow. Ive already spent more then the bike might be worth and its not together or running yet :eek:

Thanks for the advice. Note taken on the gear box and gearing up grade.

You not the first person to tell me my forks need work so...

I decided that a good deal on another set of forks was the best solution ...

These should arrive soon

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well, that's a load off my mind. Your original girder looked grim.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts