Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be an FB on the frame? If so it looks like both frame and motor are 1958 right.... ? And I thought only gold star frames had the dented frame at the bottom

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After just a few hours Friday night .. From boxes to something that resembled a bike ... now is this enough to make a proper B33 or not enough original parts and to go cafe/custom style ..... That is the question ....

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Sorry I can't help with your frame question. Too ignorant. But it seems like a question that could be important, to somebody else out there as well as to you. I mean: If you're right (I think you are) that what you've got is a Gold Star-only frame, some racer or restorer might want it bad. Bad enough to pay you a lot on top of the ordinary B-series frame he'd be eager to trade for yours.

So, maybe it's smart not to get into the build too deep before you find out if you've got a rare frame, how rare, and the potential difference (if any) that info could make for your build, beginning w/build budget.

Not to get into your business, just a would-be-helpful thought.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually the BSAOC says its a matching frame and engine ... So I learned something new .... Moving on to the next stage... Build the wheels and get the bike into position so I can determine the side stand position/angle and weld it on. Or Braze it... Then start the mock up assembly before paint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts