Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys seen this?
I know some of you have because someone posted an ebay link to an Exile bike from the show.

Anyway, i saw it for the first time the other night and was looking forward to it at the beginning. They had some green feller in there that said he had built a bunch of bicycles and knew his way around a motorcycle and a lathe, but apparently he didn't know shit and about halfway into the show, the producer decides to let Russ and Jesse "PM" dude build the bike and they boot the guy who couldn't build shit.

Now, i thought the purpose of the show was to give someone 30 days to build a bike. If they did it, they keep it. If not they go home empty handed. Well they basically didn't give the dude much of a chance. Not that it would have mattered, but all of a sudden the show turned into a Russell/Jesse project. Russ said the only way he would do it is if the bike was satin black. Jesse was not into that and pretty soon the thing had the OCC drama treatment going on.

Jesse was gonna paint it the way he wanted, even though he was building out of the Exile shop, and Russ stated clearly that he would only do it if it was black. Anyway, they never got to finishing the bike, which was looking pretty interesting, because the fucking drama took over and Russ was pouting and Jesse wanted his own paint sceme and...oh...my...gawd!!!

It was "TO BE CONTINUED"!!!

How lame is that?!?!?! Jesse should let Russ have it black, since it his shop, and Russ should be more open to color options! (Even though i love his black/polished mantra)...

Ohhhhhhh...the DRAMA!!!!

anyone know when the next episode is on?:D

·
Registered
504 Posts
LOL, yeah, that episode was the most unusual one.

they usually give the person a real chance for whole 30 days. BUT, and i say BUT they fucking hound the guy/girl to death the whole time and are assholes but that's part of the deal to keep the bike.

the producer really decides who deserves to finish at some point cause he makes a gut-call if the bike is really close after a few minutes late. (some guy with dark-semi-long hair was really trying hard and they let him keep it)

at first i thought Russel was an asshole, but after watching all the episodes so far, he's actually a nice guy. it's the producer and others that are dicks sometimes.

Jesse, the new kid making bikes, is a pompous little ass in my opinion. but hey, maybe i'm just jealous that he's in his 20's and is making bank doing what he likes. he braggs about being a perfect fabricator. and knowing how to use a lathe, mill, etc. so what, a ton of guys can use those, and if they had the money that he did to start his own shop, they'd do the same thing. I like he builds things differently but i doubt he could actually know as much as a says he can.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was really excited about this show at first, but after the 2nd episode, it became more about the producer's ego than anything else. His camera time got longer and his role more pointless as the show went on. It beats a lot of the other shows in terms of showing how hard it really is.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
"American children and adolescents spend 22 to 28 hours per week viewing television, more than any other activity except sleeping. By the age of 70 they will have spent 7 to 10 years of their lives watching TV."

Television was right. We belong to the blank generation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts