Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the long and short. Ive only been doing bikes for about a year. My buddy and I do alot of after hours work for customers. Even friends. I have this one buddy who dosnt have a pot to piss in. But he does have a leather harley vest and a old 73 Ironhead basket case in the living room of his mobile home. So over beers one night I ask if he'd like us to bring the bike up to the shop and start rebuilding it in our spare time. hell you can even help.....Man he almost cried. We pick it up and get started. Its been here about 6mnths and we only touch when we want to. He buys all the parts we list and the labors FREE. Hell its his bike so we let him design it his way. Now there are several yet many things I didnt want to do. but its his bike.
We got the bike and the entire bike was yellow. Even the motor. No fenders, No brakes, No wires, No handle bars, No controls, No chain, No Cables No No No No and No Nothing. OH it had a carb!!
Id like to share a pic of it because we are pretty proud of a basket case found out back in a alley. Its NOT done but looking like a bike Id ride. Ive got to wire it, a new seats in the mail and fix the front caliper and its all his.
what do you think

·
Registered
990 Posts
Considering where you started and the limitations it kicks ass. It's a '73 so you shouldn't need mirrors or turn signals. If you do the washer trick in the drags you'll get a much smoother power band. Ask me how I know. While it may not be my style either it looks like you guys put a lot of hard work and care. We all could use some friends like that.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Great story love that kind shit. Post a parts needed and I'll bet you get help with some free shit. Old ironhead stuff seems to be in everyones stash, I know I have some I'd donate if it was needed. Keep posts of updates going.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We pretty much got him wrapped up. Well see about this caliper. We bleed it out and it never release. We are gonna remove it and clean all the years of rust out and maybe itll work.
He's begging for new pipes but that comes later....

thanks guys

Oh and yes I have a shop we do 90% Automobile work.
4045 Forrestal ave
suite 1
Orlando Fl 32806

google me or check out the SGP

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Red, man, what a guy, he's always got the weed, that's fer sure.
The bike looks good Mike, I thought I'd hate the fat bobs but they look pretty good with the beehive and rear fender.

You took pity on a bum, now he's humping yer leg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts