Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a machine shop that could make some oval slugs like Buchanan Frame Shop used to sell to extend stock springers (or have a set of Buchanan slugs laying around they'd sell)?
Larry T

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
isn't using slugs dangerous? or is this a set up that is safer than most slugs?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Larry T said:
Anyone know of a machine shop that could make some oval slugs like Buchanan Frame Shop used to sell to extend stock springers (or have a set of Buchanan slugs laying around they'd sell)?
Larry T
How about an already extended springer? Is 12.5" over good for you?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dragon, I haven't seen them. I'd appreciate any information you have.

Harpoon, Thanks, but I have a 12" over 74, a 18" over 45, and a 22" over (full length Ford radius rod extension) springer. I'm gonna take a couple of roached out rear legs and try to build a shorter one, somewhere aroound 4/6" over. I'm kinda gathering up parts for a semi clone of my first bike, the white knucklehead I built in 1969. I've got a 1938 basket case to start with.

Buchanan was one of the premier shops in the 60's/70's. They're still a top name in the wheel business today, but they don't do frame and springer modification now. If you had one of their springers or had them rake your frame, then you had the BEST. They made oval slugs in different lengths, cut the rear legs of the springers, and welded them in. I never heard of a failure, but who knows. It's a whole different setup than screw in slugs for fork legs.
Larry T

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Found 'em ..

here ya go, Larry ..

It's Bill's in PA .. eb Zimalady ..

searched my email, found a link I sent someone back in May, surenuff it came up 'relisted' even tho over 90 days so you might try contacting them .. they have diff sizes right on it seems ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4551594678

not one on their current list, but it seems since it has buy-it-now they are saving the listing ..

Good luck ..

Doug ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Found 'em ..

Dragon said:

here ya go, Larry ..

It's Bill's in PA .. eb Zimalady ..

searched my email, found a link I sent someone back in May, surenuff it came up 'relisted' even tho over 90 days so you might try contacting them .. they have diff sizes right on it seems ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4551594678

not one on their current list, but it seems since it has buy-it-now they are saving the listing ..

Good luck ..

Doug ..
Doug,
Thanks a ton, I'll try to get in touch with them tomorrow.
Larry T

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Larry T said:
Larry T
One day and the deals done!

Thanks again Doug, sometimes this internet deal's pretty cool.
Larry T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts