Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to search on the web to find info on BSA's to no avail., I found a mid-60's bike down the street & and I have seen some cool shots of them. Are they good/bad? Pricey? Just wondering........also, if anyone has any links to them on the web that would be great.

Thanks,
Chris Nelson
Kansas

·
Registered
243 Posts
sodbuster said:
I have tried to search on the web to find info on BSA's to no avail., I found a mid-60's bike down the street & and I have seen some cool shots of them. Are they good/bad? Pricey? Just wondering........also, if anyone has any links to them on the web that would be great.

Thanks,
Chris Nelson
Kansas
I just recently started my bsa project, and I too have had a hard time finding info. They are cool though. heres a pic of mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just sold mine. it was a good running solid bike. for some reason they allways play seconds to triumphs. a picture of mine is still up at www.four acescycle.com under bikes for sale

·
Registered
421 Posts
When you say mid-sixties, I'm assuming you mean a unit twin of either a 500 or 650 variety. BSA is a good bike. Your best friends with a BSA are a Haynes manual, a factory manual, and a factory parts list for your year bike. Most or all of these can be had on eBay or through brit bike shops. Part prices are not too crazy although I expect them to be going up over the next couple of years due to renewed demand for these bikes since HD is so expensive and yuppified these days.

If it's a good price, get it and you'll have fun. How complete is it? That will be the biggest factor in dictating what you will want to pay.

·
Registered
591 Posts
A buddy of mine was just GIVEN a '67 500 that was used as a flat track bike. He just dropped the motor for a complete rebuild. Can't wait to get started on that gem!I'll post pics as soon as he brings it over.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
sodbuster said:

Thanks,
Chris Nelson
Kansas

here's a great site .. take some time & look around it .. : http://piled-arms.com/

and another great source of tech and general knowlege, from many seasoned Brit-lovers, with many brand- & type- specific forums .. : http://forum.britbike.com/ ..

cheers -

Good luck, & hang in there with it, it Will reward you eventually ..

Doug ..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Try to find a copy of Roy Bacon's Illustrated BSA Buyers Guide. It covers all the post-war models and is of great help.
Crankshaft/big-end lubrication is a problem on unit twins from '66 onward but can - and should - be modified. To quote mr. Bacon: "This was a dreadful piece of engineering."
@ B + M: please post some more pics of that bike, stunning machine!

·
Registered
243 Posts
salparadise said:
Try to find a copy of Roy Bacon's Illustrated BSA Buyers Guide. It covers all the post-war models and is of great help.
Crankshaft/big-end lubrication is a problem on unit twins from '66 onward but can - and should - be modified. To quote mr. Bacon: "This was a dreadful piece of engineering."
@ B + M: please post some more pics of that bike, stunning machine!
Thanks! heres a couple of old ones, in the process of building a fender, having seat upholstered and changing headlight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can anyone tell me what my best option to hardtail my 1960 A-10 is? I have searched around only to find people that have modified a triumph bolt on/weld on for their BSA. Would I be better off trying to find someone to just build me one? an info would be appreciated.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts