Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Does Anyone know any way to remove the auto advance unit, without using a UNF extractor bolt or BSA service tool? Or does anybody know where I can get the extactor bolt, or tool? any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :(

Lexi

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Here's what I did. It was for my Bonneville, but it would work just as well on your Beezer. I didn't feel like cuttin and drillin and making something professionally, so I found a bolt that threads into the advance, threaded a nut onto it, then found a spacer that fits over the end of the advance. The black piece is a steering damper part from my Norton girder, but you get the idea; a big thick washer would suffice. Mine was on REALLY tight and when it came off, it flung the advance, my puller and the wrench accross the garage- seriously. Even though I was putting a Boyer on, my advance isn't wrecked in case I decide to use it in the future and I didn't spend a dime on a "special" factory (taiwanese) tool. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys. Thats what we thought, but we couldn't find a bolt with fine enough threads, to thread into it. And we didn't want to mess up the advance. Thanks for all the help. xo

lexi

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.