Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, had a bit of a scare this week. While riding my panhead something didn't feel right pulled over for fuel and discovered both tubes from the motor mounts(wishbones) when broken at the neck casting. I've been debating od just replacing the frame with a repop. Anybody bought a v twin repop since they started having them produced overseas? Also Any body recommend someone to replace the tubes from the side car loops to the neck? I wouls like to repair my frame ,but would also like to ride this summer. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
................. I would like to repair my frame ,but would also like to ride this summer. Thanks Bob
Bob,
If I wanted to ride this summer, I'd get a repo frame and switch everything over. Then you could take your time repairing your original frame.
You can't have to many early frames (original or repo), and I'm sure you wouldn't loose very much money if you decided to get rid of one of them later on.
.00000000000000000002 worth.
Larry T

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
On the vtwin frames, originally just the castings were from overseas and CG was assembling them here in the US, but now the entire operation is done overseas. :(

There was a post on one of the forums about this a while back.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
matt and carl olsen or irish rich can fix that up for you.
Yes, my suggestion is to get someone who knows what they're doing to fix it. The above mentioned guys could help you out. Carl and Matt fixed my wishbone frame, they are great to deal with.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
try mike at 47 industries also he might be closer to you and does excellent frame work hes a member here also hes in nj

1 - 10 of 10 Posts