Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey gang, i know someone will have the answer. i need some spacers for my stock '71 BSA rear wheel to fit my home made frame. i prolly only need about a 1/4 inch on each side, maybe a skint more.
i was gonna make some from some black pipe. it has almost the same ID. how much wiggle room can a spacer have and still be safe?
or if they're cheap enough where can i get some? i know i can order the correct ID tube from mcmaster-carr if it comes to that.
the stock little spacer on the rite side would prolly work if i could score 2 more of those.
what doya think?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
beatcad, a good fit is always better to avoid "bearing rock" and damage. I usually make my own from solid 1018 steel or 6061 alum. or heavy wall tubing and then drill them out to the proper I.D.. Of course having a lathe helps in these matters but you could probably get by with a drill and a big bit. If you find a local machine shop of gunsmith maybe they can help you out for a small $. I beleive your bsa is 11/16 axle like my triumph? oddball size makes it hard to find. If you find no help in your area, get back to me. maybe i can whip them up to your specs. and drop them to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.