Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta love it when friends keep you in mind for deals... The call came a few days ago about 4 Brit bikes for one fairly low price. The buddy that called offered to check 'em out, pay for 'em, and store 'em until I could come get 'em. The bikes are a Trophy 250, a TR6SR, and an unknown BSA.

Here they are, loaded on his trailer & waiting on me.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
copperbobber said:
Nice. Whats the plans for the pile?
The BSA in the middle will be for sale. I may go thru the engine on the Trophy 250 and leave the rest as-is. The 650 Triumph will be built eventually also.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
grail21 said:
Nice score man, looks like a lot of fun to be had.
Yeah, sure came at a good time too. I had the money for 'em, and I've been cleaning out my garage. I almost have room for 'em. Might have to line up all my projects for a picture...

'70 TR6R w/ sidecar
'67 TR6R basket
'65 TR6SR basket
? Trophy 250
? BSA project
'54 Tiger Cub basket
'05 Slug Bike
'63 Dodge Town Panel

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sexton said:
another tulsa horder!!!! I'd like to see them in person??
Sure thing. I don't have the latest haul here yet, gotta take a 350+ mile drive each way to go get 'em. The '54 Tiger Cub, '67 TR6R basket, and the '70 TR6R are here though. The '70 is my regular ride. The Slug Bike is my neighborhood ride only, it's not fast enough to get out far on.

Send me a PM or email sometime & I'll give you a cell # to call if you'd like to check 'em out. I'm always up for BS'ing about bikes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rukwikenuf said:
i may sound like an ass for asking, but what the HELL is a slug bike?
It's a one of a kind bike with about as much power as the average slug... The bike was built around the engine. It's a kickstart Briggs & Stratton Model WMB from an old washing machine. Add a John Deere riding mower tranny and build a frame around it & this is the result.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sexton said:
I thought it was something that just grew?!
Not far from the truth there... Not far at all.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Englishman said:
Middle bike looks like a 1971 A65 single carb.
That's what a guy at work told me too. I haven't dealt with any BSA's in the past so I'm not too familiar with 'em. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Never rode a BSA twin.. sort of strange, really.

I do know that there were only two years of OIF 650's, 71 and 72.
The frame, forks, conical wheels etc. are all identical to the same year Triumphs.
Similarly, the lack of the drop of the seat area that happened in 1971 narrows it down further :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Englishman said:

The frame, forks, conical wheels etc. are all identical to the same year Triumphs.
Similarly, the lack of the drop of the seat area that happened in 1971 narrows it down further :)
I still got mine if you ever wanna come out here and ride it (although it has no brakes right now! :eek: )

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Englishman said:

Thanks again, like I've said, I'm not up at all on BSA's. I was tempted to keep it, but then I'd have to sell one of the Triumphs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts