Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a 1955 Matchless GL3S and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on them.

I found this bike during my seach for a BSA.

I would like to use this as a daily driver, how are they mechanically?

can you find parts for them?

Anyone here ride one/got pics?

What are they worth?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
770 Posts
labelkills said:
I am considering getting a 1955 Matchless GL3S and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on them.

What are they worth?

thanks in advance.
Im not that familar with them, but they sure do look badass.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Those are bitchin machines man. As for it being a daily I'm not so sure. Parts are hard to find, (at least around here) even more so than any of the other Brit makers. If you can score it, do so, but "I" think if your looking for a rider day in and day out..keep looking...

I got a line on a BSA today, If its not what I'm looking for I'll pass it to ya...

labelkills said:

What are they worth?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Matchless G3Ls a OHV 350cc single cylinder bike British army used them during WW2 as dispatch bikes were quite fast compared to the BSA sidevalves which were more common, kept being made, later ones with jampot shaped shocks until early 60's . earlier rigid ones are best imo, spares are easy to get in the UK dont know about your side of da pond:cool:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
justjeff said:
I got a line on a BSA today, If its not what I'm looking for I'll pass it to ya...
If you choose not to take I may be interested.

as I said I plan on having this as a daily driver but not for any serious commuting. A single cylinder thumper just seems fun to putt around on. I think I will pick it up, hell, he only wants 1700 for it.
I just have enough projects and dont want something know for breaking, regular matinence is fine, I just dont want to always be seaching for parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.