Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I totally fucked up last year and didn't have a bike class. This year I do... SO, bring your shit and lets see who's quickest.

Wear leather.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Damn,That was quick Ryan.Thanks for the fast reply to the email and I am glad to see your not leaving the 2 wheel contigent out.Even if my truck is done I still gonna bring the bike.Unless somethin happens we will see you there.
Shoe
Ryan said:
I totally fucked up last year and didn't have a bike class. This year I do... SO, bring your shit and lets see who's quickest.

Wear leather.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
God....if I had a nickle for every Texan into assless chaps!

What is it with you guys?!?!?!?

:D

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Irish Rich said:
Ahhhhhhh...if they had an ass, they would be leather pants, yes?
Ha! Good point...but I know they wouldn't wear leather pants....that's just too gay.....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you texas guys show up I might just get my red leather 80's flash back lover boy wanna be pants out of storage and wear them.They probably even match my red scooter.LOL:D

Do theses pants make my ass look big???????;)
Shoe

·
Registered
376 Posts
Scorcher said:
No Chaps allowed.

-Jason
does anyone know the actual rules bikes will have to abide by? i've looked the hamb drags site over carefully and can't find rules for anything; cars or bikes.

it goes without saying a helmet. even open car (roadster) drivers have to wear a helmet. and ryan said "wear leather", but didn't say if a jacket was enough, leather pants required, chaps acceptable/unacceptable, or anything else that i found.

also how old does a bike have to be to get in?

i've been to the first two hamb drags and am pretty well "up" on car regs, but might take the bsa this year. i'd like to take it, even if it's just on a trailer behind clarence.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Atch, I'm pretty sure ElPolacko ran his bike a few HAMB drags ago.
I sort of remember seeing bikes somewhere & whoever it was had on jeans and a leather jacket.....so I'm assuming that's still the case....

Oh!...and Shoe....if Chess King stores start showing up again I am holding you personally responsible!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You can get all the lastest 80's color cordinated Biker fashions at the store that made parachute pants famous in the 80's.

I kinda leaning towards the orange out fit for evening wear after the drags look they even have engineer boots.:D

I am bringing my stuff and ready to ride who else is going????
Shoe
Richie said:
Atch, I'm pretty sure ElPolacko ran his bike a few HAMB drags ago.
I sort of remember seeing bikes somewhere & whoever it was had on jeans and a leather jacket.....so I'm assuming that's still the case....

Oh!...and Shoe....if Chess King stores start showing up again I am holding you personally responsible!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Scorcher said:
Helmet
Gloves
Pants
Leather Jacket
Boots preferred.

-Jason
will my 1/2 helmet work, or do i have to have a full one? and if i have to have a full one will the blue metalflake K-Mart one i bought in the early '70s work? im sure that it never was DOT approved, but that's the only full helmet i have. anyway, if i have to have an approved full helmet i'll borrow one to bring with me.

the rest of the stuff everyone on here has anyway, so that's no biggie.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
atch said:
will my 1/2 helmet work, or do i have to have a full one? and if i have to have a full one will the blue metalflake K-Mart one i bought in the early '70s work? im sure that it never was DOT approved, but that's the only full helmet i have. anyway, if i have to have an approved full helmet i'll borrow one to bring with me.

the rest of the stuff everyone on here has anyway, so that's no biggie.
It needs to be a full face helmet.

-Jason

·
Registered
177 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
You can get all the lastest 80's color cordinated Biker fashions at the store that made parachute pants famous in the 80's.

I kinda leaning towards the orange out fit for evening wear after the drags look they even have engineer boots.:D

I am bringing my stuff and ready to ride who else is going????
Shoe
Dude...you got a lot of info on the threads, bro...
just sayin...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts