1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CityVandenberg AFB
StateCa
Price250
Nice set of brass dogbone style risers. Great shape, could use a polish if you want them real shinny. Also come with brass pointed nuts to finish out the look. These are for 1" bars. Looking to get $250 plus the ride.

·
Registered
439 Posts
those look EXACTLY like the ones that snapped and put one of the JJ members in the hospital. The connection where the bar clamps connect to the riser is WAY under sized. I have seen people take them apart drill and tap with a decent size bolt

·
Registered
935 Posts
the bolt can snap in two. possibly cause it was overtightened to begin with.it can be easily,and cheaply upgraded,rather it should be upgraded.by putting a larger hardened bolt or allen in the hole likely will need drilled to accomodate the bigger stronger fastener.still nice risers,I'd upgrade and run them.if I did'nt already have a set of bates on my bike.no one is trying to douche a sale just concern for safety.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Wasn't trying to ruin your sale bud. The risers are nice. They just need a little work to make em road worthy in my opinion. Would hate to see someone get hurt. (well, there's a few people id like to see get hurt actually!)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wasn't trying to ruin your sale bud. The risers are nice. They just need a little work to make em road worthy in my opinion. Would hate to see someone get hurt. (well, there's a few people id like to see get hurt actually!)
No worries, I feel the same and I am glad you said something. At least now I can let however buys them know or just fix them myself and sell them after I modify them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.