Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran a 9/16 Brake Master with a GMA Brake Caliper? How good does it work? Im curious as Im hearing 5/8 or 9/16 will work fine but others are saying 9/16 is not good way to go and that the 11/16 are just to big and will not stop right so dont even look at that option and that its mainly for 2 disc setup.

Im going with a single disc setup. I have a friend who has a 9/16 he is willing to part with but I just want to make sure its going to work or if I should really consider staying with the 5/8.

Any insight would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I went down this road a couple years ago. The original 3/4 mc when attached to the GMA caliper will yield a rock hard pedal with little stopping power.

I used a 5/8 Sportster MC with great results, although I switched to a Fab Kevin caliper later on due to a damaged caliper. Stops the same or better.

I don't know for sure, but have been told that a 9/16 will make it grabby.

Someone on the Horse Tech board once posted a link to a chart that advises on this subject.

Good luck!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went down this road a couple years ago. The original 3/4 mc when attached to the GMA caliper will yield a rock hard pedal with little stopping power.

I used a 5/8 Sportster MC with great results, although I switched to a Fab Kevin caliper later on due to a damaged caliper. Stops the same or better.

I don't know for sure, but have been told that a 9/16 will make it grabby.

Someone on the Horse Tech board once posted a link to a chart that advises on this subject.

Good luck!
Yea Im being told that 9/16 will work just as good but may be a little bit harder but very slight difference. I just want to confirm if its ok to use the 9/16 or if I should stay with the 5/8 MC. Im hearing one thing but would like to confirm. :confused:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the cool thing about GMA...You can call and They will answer.
I did. Great brakes. Great service.
I did a search for GMA and couldnt find the shop. Other places I called stated they went out of business. I gave it another shot and actually found the owner who bought the name about 4 years ago. He's a good guy. So will see what he says.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.