Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 67 Triumph 650 that I would like to change over to electronic ignition. I know alot of bikes have the Boyer ignition, but I am interested in the Pazon Sure Fire.Which is a better unit the Boyer or the Pazon, or are they about the same? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
we've been very impressed with the pazons. the boyers signal generators will last forever but the modules take a crap. boyer used to be great but after the company was sold the quality has gone down. i believe pazon was started by ex boyer employees who got fed up with new management.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tri-Sparks are only twice as much as the Pazons.

7 year warranty and low cost, go with a Pazon. For the 3.5 years we've been selling them, we've only had 2-3 returns on them. We move a lot of them as well.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Tri-Sparks are only twice as much as the Pazons.

7 year warranty and low cost, go with a Pazon. For the 3.5 years we've been selling them, we've only had 2-3 returns on them. We move a lot of them as well.
Valid points.

I like the Tri-Spark as it has no box. Everything is in the points cover so less wires. It has a super duper anti kick back feature as well. Not sure about the warranty but I'm thinking it's 5 years. Trispark also has a hot line you can call if you run into trouble on install which you probably won't since it's dead simple.

I guess it just depends whether you like white, whole wheat or rye.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a boyer in my norton, but it is sometimes unreliable if the battery is not in excellent condition and fully charged, supposedly this is common if the battery drops below 12.5v. Its on its third battery in 5 years because I dont look after them properly.. :/
I have just brought a Pazon for my triumph but have yet to install it. I am told the Pazon will still run fine with a battery run down to only 7.5v. I cant confirm or deny this yet though.
Had I known about the tri spark before I brought the pazon I would have probably gone that way instead, if not just for the fact that the tri spark has no control box and requires less wiring. Dont know anything about its performance though.
Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have my suspicions about the Boyer (I am running one on my '72 T100R), I seem to go through alot of batteries to keep the Boyer happy. I'm not sure how much juice the other ignition systems like to use up, but I'm guessing it can't be as much as the Boyer.

·
Banned
116 Posts
Heres a dumb question, everyone keeps saying boyers will not start period without a good fully charged battery, would a ''boyer battery eliminator'' setup be more reliable ? thanks im a newb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heres a dumb question, everyone keeps saying boyers will not start period without a good fully charged battery, would a ''boyer battery eliminator'' setup be more reliable ? thanks im a newb
yes a battery eliminator is the best way to go just makes starting a little harder but if you have a good battery and an eliminator not bad at all to start

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yes a battery eliminator is the best way to go just makes starting a little harder but if you have a good battery and an eliminator not bad at all to start
Sorry but this statement is not making sense to me. A battery eliminator works better with a battery? That sort of turns this issue into a moot point no?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry but this statement is not making sense to me. A battery eliminator works better with a battery? That sort of turns this issue into a moot point no?
a battery eliminator is just a compacitor so without a battery you kick the bike till you build a charge in it to get it to fire with a battery it puts the charge in the compacitor for you when you turn on the key when the bike is running you do not need the battery anymore just make it better to start that is all

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've blown three boyers in 4 years. I then used the sparx system and was happy with this. A few months later i saw the trispark but was not convinced. all the advantages to good to be true?
Spoke to a local supplier Trojan (sydney) and they swore by them.
They have a workshop and use trisparks on all there bikes.
Well i got one and shoved it on my bike...If you haven't got one, get one. Bloody incredible change! I went back and got a reggulator-recifier and coils. All trispark. The bike is flawless, i ride without a care.
They are more expensive at $320 aud but they are digital, have no black box and they can run down to 8volts. Boyer need 12volts constant otherwise the bike runs like shit. If your in Australia, Trojan stock trispark parts and know the brand well to tell you what parts you should run.
I love it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.