Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may recognise me from the HAMB. I don't post often, mostly lurking and watching. BOYDWHO was the license plate I had on my '48 Chevy pickup that I sadly had to sell a couple of years ago.

I've been into bikes since getting my first one (1978 Kawi KZ400) in 1981. I built a number of Brit choppers during the 80's, then gave up riding for awhile. 2 years ago I bought a Kawi Vulcan 800A but sold it this spring. Hopefully I'll be able to afford another bike soon. I want a Vulcan Nomad for long distance touring, but I also want to build another Triumph chopper, or perhaps a Sportster. We'll see how the money situation is. For now, though, I'll just sit back and watch what everyone else is building.

For anyone interested, pics of some of my bikes can be found here:
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles/bikes.html

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome Alan! That's a really cool page you have there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hey alan,
i met you very briefly at the red deer swap a few years ago. loved your truck btw.
welcome, i'm doing another triumph right now.

if you're looking for a cheap scoot, i have a nice xs650 for sale, not too far from you!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn...haven't visited this board since '07 so I thought I'd bring back my original introduction and try this again.

Lots of life changes since the last time I was around. A major move from Calgary out to the Manitoba prairies, sold my Sporty in '08 and got another hotrod. Started a small business in '09 that has worked fairly well for me, then everything came falling down last spring when my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I lost my best friend on March 7th of this year. Cancer sucks! :mad:

Time for some changes. I've shut down most of my business so I can re-group, then last Sunday I looked at a new bike project. I'll be picking it up on Mother's Day...can't wait to get it home and on the road. It's been over 25 years since I've ridden a hardtail. Sure hope my 50 year old back can handle it! :p

It's a 1968 Bonneville 650. Better pics to come once I get it home and cleaned up.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you.
I'll probably be pestering the members with stupid questions over the next little while. It's been 25 years since I've owned a British bike and I've forgotten a lot!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Funny thing;
There is a Bonnie sitting in my barn. The Sporty Tank is mounted exactly the same way!!!!
Shit! I better go look in that Barn!!!
Have a great time w/ the Trump.
Very sorry for yer Loss.
RP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts