Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since my last couple of rides where all solo-bikes

i decided to do a sidecar again

plan is to have the rig running on 16" rims all around (instead of the standard 19" rims) with some other gimmicks to give it a WW2 look-al-like setup

for anything else i'll have to see which other ideas i get

so far the wheels are laced and painted

will use knobbies to give it a beefy and off-roading look - think will look cool with the combination of the vintage overall look

overal paint will be desert-tan as can be seen at the wheels already

mockup is almost done - just need to add the donuts to decide the postion of fenders and some other small stuff ...

hope to be ready for disassy by weekend to go for sandblasting and basecoat within the next 2 weeks

maybe i do kind of Bobber/Chopper setup with the possibility to easy shift to a wartime beemer copy to take part on reenactment events or so???

will keep you updated ...

greetz from china!

thomas

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the 16 inchers are on

got the look i wanted with those knobbies

still i'm not 100% sure where the whole project is heading to

if i get towards another bobber i will - off course remove the sidecar-fender again and replace with a smaller one

will need to play around a bit with some different layouts to come to a final decision concerning how the final ride should look like

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Really dig what you've done, with all these bikes. What Brand, Model and size are those tires? Keep up the posts,, looking forward to seeing the end result!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lots of builds based on russian/chinese boxers are plain ugly but yours are truly good looking. Basically I'm a Stock-man but builds like these can make me change my mind.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really dig what you've done, with all these bikes. What Brand, Model and size are those tires? Keep up the posts,, looking forward to seeing the end result!
TX for the positive feedback!

tyres are local chnese made - size 5.00 x 16 usually used on 4x4's

i have my doubts these rubbers are road-legal somewhere else than in china

on my other bikes i run shinko's and avon's but none of the has such a knobby rough looking thread like the chinese donuts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
meanwhile i'm preparing for the paintshop ...

to be open to shift inbetween a bobber-version and a more standard version i worked on 2 sets:

Standard:
1 standard-fender tailfender - standard lights - and fully standard sidecar bucket for a mil-version

custom:
1 customfender for each sidecar and bike (chopped with short skirts) - custom front and taillights

plan ist to connect the electrical components with plugs to easy shift
have to see wether it works or not

that's the chopped tailfender for the bike

here is the standard fender for the bucket

here the chopped version

if i get the parts for final paint into the booth i might start assy before new years eve

will keep ya updated

check my new facebook page with lot of pictures of my other projects

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100003008356248&sk=photos

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
didn't write anything since some time

currently working on the sidecar bucket

this is how the standard bucket looks like

this is as far as i got:

"Jesus Bar" removed - sidedoor closed - ass "bobbed":

looking for a bomber- or bucket seat for the sidecar but difficult ot find

got some seats offered obviously out of a fighterjet - but too bulky and too expensive

will keep ya posted

·
Registered
815 Posts
TX for the positive feedback!

tyres are local chnese made - size 5.00 x 16 usually used on 4x4's

i have my doubts these rubbers are road-legal somewhere else than in china

on my other bikes i run shinko's and avon's but none of the has such a knobby rough looking thread like the chinese donuts
There's your answer.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Lookin good ! I have a idea. Why don't you make a tubular seat frame looking like a jet seat but fits? That would be cool!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts