Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my pal axel (lives in china like me) asked me a couple of months ago wether i would be able to build something similar like the ride on the pic but with a boxer as basis ...

OK! why not! will not be a 1:1 copy coz you cant make a v-twin out of a boxer with plunger suspension and propshaft ...

frame rewelded and sandblasted

1st layer of primer and some bondo for smoothening

frame after grinding and final primer

painted

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

inparallel to painting the engine was taken care for

laces / spokes prepared by the single and painted black

start of final assy

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
first testride - unfortuately without seat ...

without seat it ain't possible to assy the tank - so i used a plastic-bottle as tank replacement - it worked ...

the guy for th leatherworks still keeps me waiting - although he promised me the seat for today

exhaust also assembled - was pretty tricky to get the left pipe to the right side - i'm satisfied with the look - not only the look but also the sound is awesome!

the guy who did the chroming messed up the pipes when polishing them - the dumbass made some dents but didn't realize (at least thats what he told me ...) - ain't ok for a customer so i have to do them new ...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ready to go ...
saturday the bike will be picked up and i can continue working on my Project No. 4 "El Diablo" bike

don't mind the dead kitten ...

tried to steal the bike ;D

my sunday-morning-church shirt - only for you ... :D :D :D
changed the exhaust - took the one i originally fabricated for my ride ("El Diablo")

the cover from checkered aluminium is a protection of the hardy-disc - the new owner had some bad experience already with a disc falling apart and hitting his helmet - don't like it either

the whole build took about 4 weeks + additional 4 weeks to get parts

greetz from beijing

thomas

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Nice work!!! Got to love the flat head boxer!!! You reaaly neeed a front disc on that!? I have ridden a couple of thoes and doing a endo on one is not what I would expect....... top speed 50mph! :eek:

;) Roach.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Man- quick and pretty. Nicely done. I hope your customer is happy...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Holy Orange !!! Well i have a soft spot for Boxers but you are gonna paint that caliper black or something right? Its the only thing that draws your eye away from the bike. Looks good. HE SHOULD BE THRILLED !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.