Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Kraft / Tech Frame from American Classic Motors. They sent me the MSO with all my information filled out on the back. I decided not to use this frame for my build, just use it as reference as I build my own frame. So how do I sell this now? Can I just title the frame MSO so I can sell the frame with a Title and someone else use it? I was planning on surrending the Motor and Tranny Titles and Frame MSO when the bike was done. But if I sell this frame by itself, how can someone else surrender it with my info on it? I live in Missouri. I am going to email American Classic Motors and Kraft / Tech right now, just didn't know if anyone had any info to help.

·
Banned
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do what? Sell the frame? I don't see that working as that would be tax evasion. I wouldn't be able to do with a car title that was filled out. This is a title, just from the manufacturer and not the state.

·
Registered
72 Posts
tax evasion? not sure I get that one. With an MSO you can sign it over to someone else and have it notarized. I did that when I bought my motor cases. The MSO had space for four or five owners so it could be transferred easily

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Do what? Sell the frame? I don't see that working as that would be tax evasion. I wouldn't be able to do with a car title that was filled out. This is a title, just from the manufacturer and not the state.
No, It's very much NOT a title. Nor would it be tax evasion, but I was trying to help ya, not argue with ya.

·
Registered
356 Posts
An MSO is a Manufacturers Statement of Origin, basically it says that this company over here made the frame. They are registered with the gov, and can be found in the NADA (i am pretty sure, at least for frames). The MSO is NOT a title however you can title a bike with one, this is known as a special construction title. When you do this you will also need the MSO for the motor and the transmission as well. All of these MSO's can be signed off and to the next party, however they will need to be notarized. A notary is a certified witness, who is there to state that the parties actually sign the MSO, and the signatures are not forged. Ever bank has one, and it is a free service.
Now it would be tax evasion if you sold the frame and did not report it on your taxes, however that has absolutely nothing to do with transferring an MSO.
I would have thought you would at least take 30 seconds with Google to look into this before you bought a frame.
Enough hand holding.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Im not sure what state you live in,but in Illinois you need an mso on a motor, trans and frame and you have to give the state all of the mso's.
But if you build your own frame you need a list and recipt for the metal used to build the frame,this was what I was told by the trooper that stamped my frame.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Just turn the mso over to the buyer, some of them have transfer areas on them like a title does. I guess yours doesnt . No biggy, its not a if its a state to state thing the concern will be foe the new buyer and what they need. Sell it with a noteized bill of sale it should be good anyware. Being notorized it is the seller who is guaranteed the paperwork and frame is legit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.