Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always loved the ol' gals. This one was soooo cheap I HAD to buy her...
Her name is Sophia, 'cause she's got Sophia Loren's booty :)

Dont know much about 2-strokes or Vespas for that matter.
What can you fellas tell me?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Cant tell you much other than my dad sold those while in college and my first ride came on a 1964 Vespa and it ruined my life.LoL

Looks cool,Good luck and I am sure someone on here has the knowlege on these.
Shoe

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I had a 59 Allstate and a 64 Allstate at one point.
FMC_MF is EXACTLY right but once you get them runing right (just like everything else) they are a BLAST.
Just don't let them run too hot or you wind up on the ground.
VespaJay over on the HAMB is a whiz with them....he now owns my 59 albeit in piles.
PM me if you need to find anything & I can hook you up with a friend who owns a shop in Rhode Island.....
Good luck with it!

·
Registered
504 Posts
i like the headlight and handlebar design. very simple and cool looking. what goes in that hole. the battery?

·
Registered
76 Posts
snortonnorton said:
i like the headlight and handlebar design. very simple and cool looking. what goes in that hole. the battery?
That's a storage bin.. I had one of those! Vespas/Allstate's don't usually have batteries, they have a stator or something like that.. but a lot people put batteries in them to run their accesories.

Very cool looking, nice patina! I'm sure there is a vespa club in your area, check them out. Careful they're VERY fickle usually steer clear of the drama. :)

TinyE

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks fellas. A buddy of mine owns Scootart, a vintage Vespa shop in Montreal. He has every little bits and pieces I need to make it purrrrrrrrr.

They have a pretty active club, too, but I'm not much of a 'club' person.
I'll just 'pretty-it-up' a bit and ride the heck out of it...

·
Registered
57 Posts
whizzerick said:
Thanks fellas. A buddy of mine owns Scootart, a vintage Vespa shop in Montreal. He has every little bits and pieces I need to make it purrrrrrrrr.

They have a pretty active club, too, but I'm not much of a 'club' person.
I'll just 'pretty-it-up' a bit and ride the heck out of it...
i can tell you it'll be a fun little toy for you. if you want it to get anywhere fast you better put a big bore kit in it. i lean a little more to the lambretta side than vespa, but still have a deep love for vespas to. haven't owned one of either for a long time but still keep my eye out. haven't seen a "cheap" one of eitehr in a long long time. my lambretta was in near mint shape when i got it 13 years ago for 1400. it'd sell for 2-3 times that now easily. since i need salt in the wounds you said cheap. how cheap? i just need to know there are still deals out there.hahaha...ken....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CTFuzz said:
Hope you don't have to change any cables....!!
I just did! Pretty straightforward? Pop the headlight and VOILA!
I just love how cleverly this thing is built. Form and function at it's best...

Lucky, I paid 150$CDN - about 125$US (no papers).

Factor-in the 50$ rattle can paint job I'm doing, plus a few bits and pieces.
El cheap-o'rama!

·
Registered
57 Posts
whizzerick said:
I just did! Pretty straightforward? Pop the headlight and VOILA!
I just love how cleverly this thing is built. Form and function at it's best...

Lucky, I paid 150$CDN - about 125$US (no papers).

Factor-in the 50$ rattle can paint job I'm doing, plus a few bits and pieces.
El cheap-o'rama!
excuse me while i go and slash my wrist. damn i haven't seen a rusty hulk of shit that didn't run for that kind of money in many many years. good score. i think i may now change my handle to unluckystiff...ken....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts