Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a readily available bottle jack that will fit into the lift that Sears sells? The one like this:

I called the parts company that sells replacement bottle jacks for these, but they've been on back order for months.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Administrator
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J bought one for a MAC TOOLS jack that is probably the same. Check out :
http://www.shinnfuamerica.com/ProductDetails/Pro-Lift/Specialty_Lifts_&_Scissor_Jack/T-2151/734
And see if its your jack, if it is Grainger has it for around$53.00
p.n. b70402-0003 it's black but was in stock.
WUZFUZ
Thanks for the info wuzfuz.

I checked that link and it looks like the same lift. I checked Grainger online with that part number and it does come up as a jack for the lift, but there is no other information. I emailed them to find out if they have it. It's funny, $53.00 for the jack, yet the whole lift is about $110.00, you'd think the jack would be about $20.00?

·
Administrator
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'd just measure the extended and compressed lengths of the current jack (or where the jack fits if you're missing one) and head to... i hate to say it... harbor freight.
All of the ones I've seen don't have the holes to mount them. Yeah I know I can modify one and make it fit, but I'd really just like to get a replacement one that is a direct fit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Forgot, he Grainger jack comes with both the pump and release levers also. This winter I'll tear into the bad one and try to rebuild it.
WUZFUZ

·
Registered
55 Posts
Street Chopper mag has a coupon for a Harbor Freight bike lift for 60% off. Works out to be about 60 bucks. It's a pretty nice lift and has better reviews on line than Craftsmans piece of shit. Might be worth just getting a new lift for the price of a jack.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I built my own lift about 15 years ago when you couldn't buy one for less than 250 bucks. I just couldn't see laying out that kind of money for something I was able to build for 25 bucks and have it work the way I wanted it to work. I bought the hydraulic jack from Sears, part number _9_1214. It's a small frame 4 ton hydraulic jack that would probably work for you.

Regards,
Geo.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
got the same problem with mine, pumped it 3 times & it got hard ,then froze up. won't do anything now. i'm pissed !!!

·
Administrator
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Checked Farm and Fleet. They said they couldn't find a replacement bottle jack, so I need to buy the whole thing. I may check the Larin site.
That's what Sears had told me, until I asked at another store and they told me the company that supplies them with parts. The jack is somewhere in the $20.00 to $30.00 range from this company, but it's been on back order for months, with no idea when it may arrive.

I think I might buy one of the aluminum lifts from Sears. They cost more than the one I have, but it also goes lower than the one I have. In the meantime I'm going to see if I can find a generic bottle jack to modify for my existing lift. Nothing wrong with having a back up.

Thanks again for all the info guys.

·
Registered
217 Posts
It's a Craftsman tool right? Don't they have a lifetime warranty?
Why go out of pocket when you can have have Sears honor it!

FYI I believe that Granger makes Craftsman for Sears if I'm not mistaken.

·
Administrator
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's a Craftsman tool right? Don't they have a lifetime warranty?
Why go out of pocket when you can have have Sears honor it!

FYI I believe that Granger makes Craftsman for Sears if I'm not mistaken.
The jacks don't have a lifetime warranty, that was the first thing I thought.

The bottle jacks are manufactured by a company called Test Rite. Sears gave me their number and the jacks are priced somewhere between $20.00 and $30.00, but have been on back order for months and months. They have no idea when they're coming in.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The jack on my old Crafsman lift went out two years ago, got the same info from both Sears and Test Rite (out of stock with no expected date of delivery). Sears was running their lifts on sale for $40, so I bought a new one. My old lift was 10 years old, guess we'll see how well the new one holds up.
Hank

1 - 20 of 39 Posts