Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Are you looking for the style of rim that has the lip on the edge? They are also called mud slingers. Most I have seen are on old dirt trackers. Aguy named Johnny Issacs in Tulsa might have a pair or two, but probably in a 17". His shop is called Total Performance Racers.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Here's Heden's info, taken a few numbers further:
1.60" WM1
1.85" WM2
2.15" WM3
2.50" WM4
2.75" WM 4 .5
3.00" WM5
3.50" WM6

Here's a WM3 I just finished painting. 18" 36 spokers are common on certain year XS650s. It's going to get a red stripe where the black meets the aluminum. Sides still need some polishing.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info guys!

Looks like I have to go with a WM4 or WM5... Depends on if I wanna run 16 or 18 inch. Are 16's availalble at all..?

I think when I wanna run a 4.00 Avon or Firestone, I can run a WM3..

I already have a nice one for the frontwheel... Undrilled, 21".. Perfect for my big drum brake. I can have the holes drilled at the right angle.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Heden said:
Hi Maurice

Here is a conversion chart

WM0 = 1.40" WM1 = 1.60" WM2 = 1.85" WM3 = 2.15" WM4 = 2.50"
And this is one of the great things about this joint. Not many other places you could find a Borrani reference chart.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Flyin' Dutchman said:
Fuck yeah.. I could weld the side hack to my Triumph!! :D
I almost offered to co pilot then :D

I'm sure the guy knows that the side hack will stay with him. A 16 inch Borrani man :)

email
[email protected] and ask if he has a 16 x 4 borrani motorcycle rim or wheel for sale. He had one advertised but didn't say car or motorcycle or how many spokes

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ant said:
I almost offered to co pilot then :D

I'm sure the guy knows that the side hack will stay with him. A 16 inch Borrani man :)

email
[email protected] and ask if he has a 16 x 4 borrani motorcycle rim or wheel for sale. He had one advertised but didn't say car or motorcycle or how many spokes
Mmm.. Interesting. I'll ask him.

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.