Jockey Journal Forum banner

341 - 360 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Quality.
Whats the score with the Rider (can you get young boy/horse jockey to ride,or rules for rider weight?)

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Quality.
Whats the score with the Rider (can you get young boy/horse jockey to ride,or rules for rider weight?)
The ideal rider would be Jill Iversen. Small, compact and cute as a button.

·
Registered
901 Posts
No like the run, nice and smooth 122mph in 4th? up to the max then cruise to a halt ,big smile and a thumbs up!
The bike has a side stand ?
Yeah, mine has a stock side stand, kick lever, and even fitted with lights on occasion to drive short distances on back roads...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #347 ·
Is that for you? Gonna try the low seating position?
Yes, I'm trying to lower it a bit more.

Yeah, mine has a stock side stand, kick lever, and even fitted with lights on occasion to drive short distances on back roads...
My M bike had a stock side stand too, are you going to have it on your A bike as well, How is it coming along?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yes, I'm trying to lower it a bit more.

My M bike had a stock side stand too, are you going to have it on your A bike as well, How is it coming along?
Yes, some sort of stand... probably a removable style like some motocross bikes have...
The A class double is slowly moving ....The rolling chassis is completed, transmission and rear engine in place. The front engine mounting position is dependent on the drive type...I'm looking at Harley 8mm primary belt drives instead of a chain.to couple the two engines....Once it's all together then have to break it down to finish welding and paint...Engine parts are going for machine work in a few days...
This is a recent photo,I added some rear frame trussing since then......Junk exhaust for mock up

Photo taken yesterday of the rear brake and you can see the onboard Harley electric start and 5 speed.

This photo of the current LSR bike was taken a few years ago in the city. It had Amal carbs on it the first year...The engine is pretty tame actually and with the 34mm Mikunis it idles nice at 900 rpm and is easy to ride other than the shitty brakes... ..For drama, the kick start lever is used for a side stand.:D

·
Registered
561 Posts
hey astek; do you use the slick shift set up/tweaked version of same, or is that just the box you had to hand?

·
Registered
901 Posts
My old ass on the bike checking the riding position ...The heads , barrels and cranks are at the machine shop...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Looks great Tony! Very compact for a dual engine,, but you're not going to copy my one side tank idea, right? ;)
Oh no not me :eek: The bike has a 72 inch wheelbase, me and the rider are both 6 footers.... There should be enough room above the transmission for a 4 quart square oil tank..but I don't necessarily like having one common oil tank for both engines so I'll be two tanks or one with a separator.. A 4 inch diameter x 24 inch cylinder on the right side holds about 1.3 gallons of fuel...And batteries, the ignition will require a small 6 AH battery that'll fit right under the seat frame.. The N2O tanks go behind the rider...after some runs on gas alone..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 · (Edited)
Check this out, the biggest show on the west coast!! The Grand National Roadster Show started yesterday in Pomona, CA

I never imagined that they would have my bike at this show and put it right between the Speed Demon and the EZ Hook. Here are some pictures from yesterdays set up.

There were still some out there saying that somebody else is involved in my engine builds and then admitting misunderstanding. Just to keep the records straight: Nobody other than my self is involved in the build and tune of my engines.

My previous post on another thread:
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/...light=faster+650/750cc+pushrod+engine+special

" I build my engines and balance my crankshafts. I redesign, rebuild and flow the cylinder heads in my own workshop and tune all my engines by myself.

Basically no one knows my balance factors, cams, cam timing, ignition timing, fuel types (in the fuel class) tolerances, clearances, specs, flow rates, hp... NOTHING!!!! "

If there is anybody out there who can build these type of engines, they should do it and put their name in the record books!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I am one of many who find your efforts fantastic.I just hope one day when you have progressed your engine development ,that you can show us some of the ground breaking design in your current engines .I find that stuff interesting ,Maybe too ,the crew at Race Engine Technology magazine will do a feature on your achievements .
Have a great season in 2016
Cheers R

·
Registered
770 Posts
Hi Astek,

I'm following your efforts in the shadow, yours achievements are impressive!!!

Still, I hope you are not cracking your own fuel in your backyard, otherwise the feds might be interested...

; - )

And don't worry about critics, usually, they are just chewin' the fat all days in front of a screen thinking they could do better... if they had the time... the inclination... the tools... THE BRAIN...

; - )

Patrick

341 - 360 of 397 Posts