Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Looks like there is no oil stain on the ground below it. I would check if there is oil in the Frame/motor.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks like it needs too much work for your friend to deal with. You should look at the size of it and see if it will fit in a container bound for the US.

If it runs as good as it looks in this picture then your friend is getting a keeper! That is really nice! As for the checking oil comment above, I agree. Make sure there is actualy oil in it, and the primary and tranny too. Look for RTV silicone boogers sticking out between the cases and the covers, around shafts, and in the parting line between the cases. If you spot silicone, get the price down and be prepared to go through the motor. Be prepared for a rebuild anyway just to be on the safe side regardless of mileage due to sludge traps being notoriously packed full of junk.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
The only thing I would change is adding gaiters to the front forks for that european look.
Otherwise ride and enjoy and buy a basket case sixties Trump to chop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks clean and well kept so hopefully the sludge trap is good, but itll keep nagging him till he sees it with his own eyes. Bet the frame numbers match, but if no, maybe a little cheaper. Maybe he doesnt care. I always look at the wire harness, battery, because if its been cut into expect problems. Actually, expect problems with the lucas electric. It looks great, I was jumping for joy when i bought mine in a more "vintage" state, to put it nice...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.