Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone!
I want to show my first bob job:p so I want to hear some words about my bike. I made this by myself... frame, front end, wheels...
I think there is something wrong with my front end... I should make shorter the leaf, I gues:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
looks good, def shorten the spring...............Roach.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cranberry- Dude that is killer. I used to have a 1953 Jawa 250 "Perak". I think the same as yours. Square tubing all around frame. Very cool. I wanted to chop it out but did not have the balls.
Ochin Harasho tovarish! (poor attempt at Russian). -Hollywood

·
Banned
573 Posts
Dude, its really grand to see something from the "former USSR" that shows more taste than money. We've been seeing alot of stuff from bikepost.ru that's just the opposite..

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30822&page=474

And, yes, I do know that Russia and the Ukraine aren't exactly the same place :) Probably a lot like Puerto Rico ain't really part of the USA, just conquered for awhile and share some history :)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
hey man ,awesome another bloke doing a JAWA

you've seen mine ?
http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19175&highlight=jawa&page=3

i still have it,its a fun ride ;)

about that front end on yours
the "front bridge" is too long ,so is the spring
and maybe the rearlegs are to short
when it goes down the lower triple tree might hit the tyre ....

but i like your ideas !!
and those wheel look great
what are those ?
look like a matchless rearwheel ...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Great looking project. Do what E lDiablo said so that you get the bottom frame rails parallel to the ground and you'll have a nicely proportioned bike and a front end that works.

I agree, great to see projects like this coming from junk.

Oh, and don't paint it!

Cheers Johnny

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys, your opinion is very important for me :)

yes el diablo, I have seen your bike! it's very nice! :) when I have found this site the first thing I made was searching bikes like Jawa, Dnepr, K-750 on here :)
and yes, I'll cut the leaf which is only one... so the bike is too near to the ground. the wheels 130/90/16. the rear wheel from Izh 350 which is a copy german DKW 350 with '16 rim.

2 SwedeBobb: hi, I have the Dnepr too but I like more K-750 :) it sounds better))))
and what is your bike? Dnepr or K-750 couse it's not the same ;)

2 sLowrider: thanks man, but I have already paint the frame... in black mat)

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I also searched Dnepr and other odd brands the first i did when i got to this forum but Dnepr/Ural/Molotov/K-750 seems to be rare chop/bob objects over here!

Its a K-750 and i know its not the same but if you type only K-750 not many people know what you are talking about ;)
Got any pictures on your Dnepr and have you got a sidecar? And is it bobbed/chopped? Mine is 600km away from where i live so i cant do so much right now.
Would be fun to see!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh yes, K-750 is a real tank :)
sorry but I have no pictures on my Dnepr... yes, with a sidecar :) it's in standart complectation and it's 300km away from Kiev... I want to bob it but after my Jawa. I'll be there in e week so I'll make some pics of it ;)
and have you some pix of your "bimmer"?))))

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
inverted handlebars, from the old bicycle...
in my place everybody think that I'm crazy a little when they see my bike :) f...ck'em cause they don't understand nothing...

thanks to all
Eugene

1 - 20 of 148 Posts