Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another guy to make the leap from the HAMB to the JJ. For those what don't know me, I live in Cypress, TX which is on the western edge of Houston. I also spend a fair amount of time in Austin. I have a couple of car projects that I bop around in ('29 hiboy coupe, '62 Buick ragtop) but in December picked up my first bike from FlyRite in Austin. It's a Santee rigid wishbone frame with 96" S&S, 5-spd kick/electric, chrome springer, fatbob tanks, cateye dash, '57 hinged fender, and custom Fat Lucky's upholstery. Jason Kidd sprayed the custom HOK candy tangerine flake, and Dan Barnett did the striping and lettering. Named it Zucca di Fuoco, which is 'Pumpkin o' Fire' in Italian, a tribute to the fat tank/fender and snazzy orange paint.

I have a definite appreciation fer bikes but I'm still gathering practical experience worthy of sharing. I'll prolly do more lurking than posting, but will glad to help where I can. Not sure how valuable PhotoShop can be to the bike mock-up process, but if I can offer some help there just lemme know - I've had some good feedback in the past.

That's it... look forward to chatting with you guys.

BLAKE

·
Registered
675 Posts
Nice ride!
BLAKE said:
Another guy to make the leap from the HAMB to the JJ. For those what don't know me, I live in Cypress, TX which is on the western edge of Houston. I also spend a fair amount of time in Austin. I have a couple of car projects that I bop around in ('29 hiboy coupe, '62 Buick ragtop) but in December picked up my first bike from FlyRite in Austin. It's a Santee rigid wishbone frame with 96" S&S, 5-spd kick/electric, chrome springer, fatbob tanks, cateye dash, '57 hinged fender, and custom Fat Lucky's upholstery. Jason Kidd sprayed the custom HOK candy tangerine flake, and Dan Barnett did the striping and lettering. Named it Zucca di Fuoco, which is 'Pumpkin o' Fire' in Italian, a tribute to the fat tank/fender and snazzy orange paint.

I have a definite appreciation fer bikes but I'm still gathering practical experience worthy of sharing. I'll prolly do more lurking than posting, but will glad to help where I can. Not sure how valuable PhotoShop can be to the bike mock-up process, but if I can offer some help there just lemme know - I've had some good feedback in the past.

That's it... look forward to chatting with you guys.

BLAKE

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback... here's another pic of the upholstery by Fat Lucky's in Austin... he da shit. The pearl-pleated floorboards still clean up like new after 1200 miles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Blake. are you bringin that mofo to the drags? Or do I need to wait until drunken x games at the Continental club to race you?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CRAP said:
Hi Blake. are you bringin that mofo to the drags? Or do I need to wait until drunken x games at the Continental club to race you?
Don't know yet, but if I'm there then Squank'll be there - I already got glove-slapped by EVILJASONIC, so my honor is sorta at stake... or somethin'.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Damnit ! Flyrite kicks out some bad ass rides. Wish I could pony up the dough, but I'll keep fucking with this damn Brit-bike for now. :( ;) Damn good lookin' ride man, I've seen pics on the HAMB, but some things you don't get tired of looking at, and that "big pumpkin" is one of 'em ! :D

-Aaron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts