Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am going to go ahead and powdercoat my entire front 21" min drum and 16" rear (see old post). I will run an a ribbed speedmaster up front but not sure about the back yet. It will either be a double stripe whitewall or a wide whitewall on back. what do you guys think? I am partial to the double stripes but not sure about one on a completely blacked out wheel. Maybe the wide white will look better . Im talking a coker or some kind of vintage style not the newer sporty looking ones.

The blacked out wheels are not my first choice but Im on a tight almost no budget and I have good wheels and would like to get this thing on the road.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I am going to be running this bike with a black star hub, black rim and stainless steel spokes with the skinny double white wall..I'll post some pics when I get it on...

I like the double white better..don't see many around, and I am rebuilding this pan kind of like my fathers 52 pan the way he head it 30 + years ago He had a skinny single white..either way I like the skinnier better

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm currently having the same debate in my mind. Going totally blacked out rims on my 16" rear and 19" front. I have a double white stripe that I'm using for my build, so its a little easier to visualize. I've come to the decision that if the wheels are blacked out IMO it will look best if the rear tire has no white on it at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts