Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard there was a lot of Triumph stuff at the swap meet today. I was up north so I didn't get to go. I didn't plan on going because that fuckin place is usually a rip off. I was just wondering if i missed anyting good. Did any of you guys find any good deals?

·
Registered
40 Posts
my brother went... he mentioned that there were several very nice triumphs.. he also mentioned everyone was eyeballin harley stuff and noone really noticed the brit bikes...

He gave me the card of a guy by the name of Colin Thomas (248) area code.. he had a lotta triumph parts and a few nice bikes for sale.. he had a nice bonneville that my brother is tryin to get me into.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Yes..a good pile or two of british stuff....mostly by the regular brit dealers...colin, john, and tbird. One guy was cleaning out all his brit stuff, but wanted 4000 for the whole pile. He had some OK stuff, but wouldn't split it up.....definintely too much money for what he had. I got there about 7am and left when it opened at 11. I think I spent 25 bucks for some tank mounts from John, but that's about it. Oh yeah, and a buck fifty for an otis spunkmeyer cookie:D

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fiveofeen said:
my brother went... he mentioned that there were several very nice triumphs.. he also mentioned everyone was eyeballin harley stuff and noone really noticed the brit bikes...

He gave me the card of a guy by the name of Colin Thomas (248) area code.. he had a lotta triumph parts and a few nice bikes for sale.. he had a nice bonneville that my brother is tryin to get me into.
Yeah that Colin Thomas bought a 64 frame from me a while back. He came all the way up here in a blizzard just to get the thing. He seemed like a really nice guy.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hatch said:
Yes..a good pile or two of british stuff....mostly by the regular brit dealers...colin, john, and tbird. One guy was cleaning out all his brit stuff, but wanted 4000 for the whole pile. He had some OK stuff, but wouldn't split it up.....definintely too much money for what he had. I got there about 7am and left when it opened at 11. I think I spent 25 bucks for some tank mounts from John, but that's about it. Oh yeah, and a buck fifty for an otis spunkmeyer cookie:D
Did you get the guys name that had the pile for four k? If his name was Russ I know exactly who you're talking about. I went up to his place lookin for a set of pipes and all he had was some old stock crap and a set with a pair of like cannon mufflers on them. he though they were gold. He was a little high on all his prices too. P.S. Otis Spunkmeyer never let me down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts