Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We were heading down to the show on Tuesday and right around 9:30 I southern Oregon a deer decided to dismount me from my Harley. All things considering, im doing quite well. the deer hit my shoulder which then knocked me off the bike. The bike slid about 300 feet on its side. I've been told there was not very much damage to the bike, but I haven't seen it yet. The worst of my injuries are a dislocated shoulder with a small bone fracture, and the laceration to my knee with possible damage to my patella and possible tears to ligaments, they want to wait for the swelling to go down before they can do more imaging of the knee and shoulder. I rolled down the road quite a bit and slammed my head on the pavement, thank god for my helmet. I'm pretty much sore from head to toe.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Damn Billy .... sorry to hear that and get well.

BTW ... make the statment "the deer hit me" not I hit a deer or the insurance company will try to say it was your fault. I had a issue in the 90's making that same statement and about 3 grand in damage.

·
Administrator
7,799 Posts
Glad to hear you're alright, that's really all that matters. Rest up and take it easy.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ouch! guess it could have been a lot worse but damn that sux. get better, hopefully your bike makes out well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Damn, that sucks but I'm glad you had a helmet and didn't get crashed out worse... by a deer, like I did last year.

I was riding home before dark on May 4, 2011 and a deer jumped and landed right on me... it kicked me in the mouth too. I had no helmet on and smashed my head bad on the tar. I was out cold, in a coma for 5 weeks.
Here's my main scar from that shit... it changed my life alot.

atleast you didn't get it as bad as I did!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I fly an EMS helicopter in Texas. This time of year we fly a lot of motorcycle wrecks. Typically the people we fly who aren't wearing helmets don't have a real positive outcome. To each his own I say, but I always wear mine. I've flown on one motorcycle versus deer. It killed both the deer, and the guy on the motorcycle. Thankfully you came out relatively unscathed. Mend quickly.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts