Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
ah yes the Mega Hauler and Mega Cycle. its funny, Roth originally named the Mega Hauler "Captain Pepi's Motorcycle and Zepplin Repair Service". and the hauler was supposed to have a custom sportster but through a series of trades he aquired Bob Acquistepace's custom Triumph. i almost wish he stuck with the original name. :D anymore pics?

·
Registered
581 Posts
todd said:
roth inspired? sure but that green pan is fritz's.
read your old iron horse mags...you'll see it
I dont have any old Iron Horse Mags but thanks for the correction. Regardless who built it that has to be one of the nicest Pans I have seen, I like everything about it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Capt. Cal said:
ah yes the Mega Hauler and Mega Cycle. its funny, Roth originally named the Mega Hauler "Captain Pepi's Motorcycle and Zepplin Repair Service". and the hauler was supposed to have a custom sportster but through a series of trades he aquired Bob Acquistepace's custom Triumph. i almost wish he stuck with the original name. :D anymore pics?
..what I heard was : Robert Williams named it " Captian Pepi's..etc" (sounds like him) and Roths sporty didnt fit so he traded to get the Triumph that would fit...

·
Registered
981 Posts
rockabillyjay said:
..what I heard was : Robert Williams named it " Captian Pepi's..etc" (sounds like him) and Roths sporty didnt fit so he traded to get the Triumph that would fit...
oooh yeah thats right. Williams created the sketchs for Roth and thats what he named it. fergot about that. i gotta dig through my Roth books again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Irish Rich said:
Noooooo, Ed Newton did the original design for Roth in '66.
Wow I'm glad you guys know the history on that bike. That's the first time I think I seen it. Jimi hendrix Red house came on right when I started taking pics of. Gave me a warm feeling. I own two unit trumps but I'm dying to do a preunit. Irish Rich can't wait to see you on T.V tonight. I met you in Sturgis on a raining night at the WCC tailer. I was out there helping my buddy at that time he was working for the Detroit Bros. Now he don't. It was a pleasure. I been waiting to see this history of the choppers ever since you told me about it.
ryan

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
humbug said:
Wow I'm glad you guys know the history on that bike. That's the first time I think I seen it. Jimi hendrix Red house came on right when I started taking pics of. Gave me a warm feeling. I own two unit trumps but I'm dying to do a preunit. Irish Rich can't wait to see you on T.V tonight. I met you in Sturgis on a raining night at the WCC tailer. I was out there helping my buddy at that time he was working for the Detroit Bros. Now he don't. It was a pleasure. I been waiting to see this history of the choppers ever since you told me about it.
ryan
Yeah, I remember that. I don't do much in the HOC, just the opening riding scene, but I was honored that Jesse asked me to be part of it. I haven't seen any of the footage yet myself, so I'm looking forward to the program tonight.

Jesse had also asked about me about doing part of the Roth segment, but that didn't pan. Not enough time, I guess.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.