Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
late last night my friend taylor (a.k.a T-bone) was in college station and he got hit on his left side by a cop car. his pelvis is shattered and he had so much internal bleeding that they had to remove his spleen in college station right away so that he wouldnt die. as of 2 am he has been life flighted to memorial hermann hospital and is currently on a breathing machine. just a heads up, for all you guys to be careful and say a few words for the man. i know he'd appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
roadrash05 said:
late last night my friend taylor (a.k.a T-bone) was in college station and he got hit on his left side by a cop car. his pelvis is shattered and he had so much internal bleeding that they had to remove his spleen in college station right away so that he wouldnt die. as of 2 am he has been life flighted to memorial hermann hospital and is currently on a breathing machine. just a heads up, for all you guys to be careful and say a few words for the man. i know he'd appreciate it.
Sure thing.

-Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
A prayer for your friend and all others out there riding. Bigdoc
roadrash05 said:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Damn! Huge well wishes, and I hope the cop loses his job!
roadrash05 said:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Aw dude, I am SO sorry to hear about that. T-bone had PMed me the other day about all of us getting together and doing some bike work. I hadn't had the chance to holler back at him and was going to do that tonight. What a shame! He sounds like a really nice guy.

I don't live but a couple of miles from the Med Center so if he or the family need anything, give me a call. I'll PM you my contact info just in case.

That's an excellent hospital so he's in good hands. I had a riding buddy in there a few months ago who got tagged on the highway and almost lost a leg but they were able to save it. We'll keep our fingers crossed for him.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry to hear about your friend on the highway man, good thing they saved his leg. thanks for the offer for the help. ill keep everyone in touch. thanks for the support, i know he and his family appreciate it. be safe out there everyone.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I dont know if this will give Taylor or the family hope but in 1989 I was hit by a car running a stop sign. It shattered my left hip, dislocated both legs, punctured my right hand, and peeled all the skin off my left arm and and part of my head. After about 8 months of down time i was able to walk again. As of today I walk with no limp and only a few aches and pains. I hope his down time is less!
roadrash05 said:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Man, wishes and thoughts out to him and his family and friends....

On a side note, my friend was hit by a cop like 10 years ago as well, not nearly as bad though, just a compound lower leg break. Didnt get a cent out of it either, not even to cover med bills even though it was the cops fault.. sucks all around for everyone involved..

·
Registered
349 Posts
sorry to hear that hope for a full recovery. Just lost a good friend two weeks ago. Have known him a lot of years.

He was on a trip in Montana between Brodus and Miles City, heard they were passing a semi and his bike started shimming and he lost control hit an approch.
Equipment failure?? I heard he just had new skin's put on before his trip.
3 years ago a had a new front tire changed and was riding over by Hulett Wy
only about 130 miles from home runnin hard through the twisty's and it went down. Got lucky and didn't go down had the ol lady with also. Now I mount my own tires and Baby Powder the fuck out of the tubes and inflate and deflate them several times to make sure the tube is not pinched!! Don was in his mid fifty's been on scooters his whole life. Live life full throttle never now when its over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts