Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to insure my '57 with some decent coverage.

Here in NJ, I use "Rider" for my 2004 and the '51. The problem is that anything over 15 years old, they only offer Liability insurance.

For the '57 I want fire, theft and good overall coverage.

What insurance companies are you folks using on your Antique rides? Any problems with placing a value higher than blue book?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Hagerty, Grundy and some of the other collector car insurance companies will give you a stated value policy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm pretty sure Grundy will only do a bike if you have a car covered with them 1st. But it is a good way to go.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
I want to insure my '57 with some decent coverage.

Here in NJ, I use "Rider" for my 2004 and the '51. The problem is that anything over 15 years old, they only offer Liability insurance.

For the '57 I want fire, theft and good overall coverage.

What insurance companies are you folks using on your Antique rides? Any problems with placing a value higher than blue book?
Keep us posted on what you find as I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes as I'm in the same boat as you.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Progressive can most likely give you a stated amount policy. Insurance coverage varies from state to state.

If you don't want to call a few companies, call an agent. They know and can explain coverage options for your state. They should also be able to quote you a few different companies.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I use hagerty, stated value, covers theft and all that bad stuff. Ask the agent at what amount the rate goes up, for instance if you figure your bike to be replaceable for 8000 the rate might be the same to insure it for 10,000.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Progressive can most likely give you a stated amount policy. Insurance coverage varies from state to state.

If you don't want to call a few companies, call an agent. They know and can explain coverage options for your state. They should also be able to quote you a few different companies.
Progressive will do a stated policy, but get ready to pay for it. My frame is cut and they will only do Liability on that. I will be looking for different coverage soon as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
State Farm will do "stated value" and it is reasonably priced.

·
Administrator
7,802 Posts
Do insurance company's look for a speedo/odometer when reviewing photos? Not sure if anyone has gone through this but I just checked out Hagerty online and their prices are good for agreed value insurance. Their requirement is to fill out their application, send in photos, and a copy of your auto insurance.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Markel insures my '60 no problem. Give them a try.

www.markelinsuresfun.com

I've never had to file a claim with them, but the price is very reasonable and I've had two bikes insured with them thus far. No problems at all.

·
Registered
96 Posts
As stated befor progressive does stated value, and covers that value, collison, comprehensive, and liability. However they may not be the cheapest, I only pay $200 on 8K stated value 66 triumph chopped to hell, but they are reachable. The state laws play a part in this too. Best of luck.

·
Registered
755 Posts
No - the photos (which often need to be accompanied by an estimate from a third party) are purely anti-fraud measures. They want to ensure the bike is whole and resembles the stated value.

Bike fraud is crazy, but hey insurance fraud is crazy across all products. A big part of why it's so $$$.

Do insurance company's look for a speedo/odometer when reviewing photos? Not sure if anyone has gone through this but I just checked out Hagerty online and their prices are good for agreed value insurance. Their requirement is to fill out their application, send in photos, and a copy of your auto insurance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.