Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here she is, done and done, wired up just to run, gonna actually wire it tomorrow....

idk about the risers, they feel loose in the front end... should they have some give? how do i get rid of taht? i want it FIRM when i wiggle handlebars...

still gotta go pick up my 21 and throw it on... no brake ofcourse, screw that noise

waht you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
yer risers wobbling could be your bushings, 15 bucks for a new set, or just get some solid ones..................

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
ok, i actually ENLARGED the pic and saw the dog-bones, i know that THEY TOO have some bushings, but i'd check the main ones. oh, and if ya decide that you dont want those dogbones, im lookin for some on the CHEEEEP!

nice lookin ironhead, seriously. that white seat with matching grips looks abso-fucking-lutely beautiful!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
That bike looks good, The riser bushings are usualy the reason for play when ya work the bars. I found that getting the poly bushings vs. the rubber ones helps a lot.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where can a drunk ass guy get solid oines?

·
Registered
617 Posts
looks tough.

·
Registered
457 Posts
congratulations....

Bike looks great!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Great job man!!!! As for those risers. the bushings in them are new and made to flex. Make some solid ones or maybe V Twin has them. Solid mount em and youll be set

Caint wait to see those grips turn yellow:D

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
All of the aftermarket distributors offer urethane bushings that are a lot firmer than the factory rubber bushings. Just check with your local independant bike shop.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Larry T said:
All of the aftermarket distributors offer urethane bushings that are a lot firmer than the factory rubber bushings. Just check with your local independant bike shop.
yeah tahts what i mean//// everyone thinks i mean the riser bushings.... i mean the ones in the treees

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Antibilly said:
Great job man!!!! As for those risers. the bushings in them are new and made to flex. Make some solid ones or maybe V Twin has them. Solid mount em and youll be set

Caint wait to see those grips turn yellow:D
they are already, LOL..... dirty as shit, i knew what i was in for.... i meant bushings in trees... im gettin WAY too much flex from the tree not the top of the risers...

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
51rat said:
they are already, LOL..... dirty as shit, i knew what i was in for.... i meant bushings in trees... im gettin WAY too much flex from the tree not the top of the risers...
no way its the bottom ones!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts