Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin' for post style risers to run on a big twin 74 springer. I've found trees without the ears.....but who's makin' a post style riser to run like that?

Anybody?

tim

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
I made some , but it's kind of caveman style . I just welded some cut off dogbones to the top clamp . Otherwise you can thread the tops of the back tubes and just use whatever kind of risers you want .

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey Tim, I am looking for a pair myself and apparently there is some guy in Japan making them. A japanese speaking friend is trying to get the details for me, I will let you know mate.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Matt D said:
Hey Tim, I am looking for a pair myself and apparently there is some guy in Japan making them. A japanese speaking friend is trying to get the details for me, I will let you know mate.
Thanks Matt!!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I just ran across a setup Paughco sells to run T-bars on their springers. If it'll work with T-bars, it should work with almost any riser.

·
Registered
139 Posts
fine(machine thread) shouldered lock nut flip upside down,weld in top of rear tubes,then run whatever risers you want,usually on a small number of bolts if you go to a bolt and screw warehouse,like arrow or shamrock,they will give you a couple,so the cost is zip...see ya in March Tim.btw,I have decided to build a special bike for the Texas Chainlube Massacre,details to follow shortly

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FHP said:
fine(machine thread) shouldered lock nut flip upside down,weld in top of rear tubes,then run whatever risers you want,usually on a small number of bolts if you go to a bolt and screw warehouse,like arrow or shamrock,they will give you a couple,so the cost is zip...see ya in March Tim.btw,I have decided to build a special bike for the Texas Chainlube Massacre,details to follow shortly
This Springer has 3/4 in. threaded rear legs......I'm gonna run dogbones...

Bitchin'!!! Let's see about gettin' everyone together for a Q........you be able to make it down?

tim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Deguello said:
This Springer has 3/4 in. threaded rear legs......I'm gonna run dogbones...

Bitchin'!!! Let's see about gettin' everyone together for a Q........you be able to make it down?

tim
would love to get together,when do you have in mind?I am still in the process of getting two bikes together but will be ready to roll as soon as one is tagged and runnin.Did you find a fender?I am still looking for you.My ford guru buddy is in New Mexico right now visiting family but when he returns I can get one for you fo sho.....lemme know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts