Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to Suters Speed Shop in Madison today.

www.sutersspeedshop.com

98% of it is Japanese stuff. They have tons of old parts in two huge barns and rows and rows of frames. I couldn't belive how much crap they had.They also have alot of old snowmobile stuff. Very little HD stuff.

The only thing that concerns me is the prices. I was looking at some head light assemblies and the prices were a little on the high end. Looking at some controls levers and they were pretty reasonable. I did talk to the guy and told him of my XS650 hardtail project. He asked me if I needed a Sporty tank and I said sure. It would need a key made for the gas cap but he did have a petcock for it. Said he wanted $150.00 for it. Ouch! A little to high for this guy.

I walked away empty handed because I'm kinda broke right now and I just wanted to see what they had. I think that if will be a good place to pick up some little odds and ends but not a Sporty tank I'll tell you that.

Just a heads up to anyone in this area about the place. Hell I never knew it was there. None of the HD guys care because it is all Jap stuff. If anyone is looking for stuff I can go out take a look out there for you.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
for me and my other guys here in mil-town.... any honda dream stuff there? or even parts bikes?? i would take a whole one for right price./... let me know man... THANKS!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
most use the same stuff.... even if you can see what they have, and let us know, it wuold be COOOOOL...my buddy on here will need pieces im sure, cause he has one ni boxes i guess, LOL... i am gettin a whole running one, and wish i could find some of the old school hard saddle bags... otherwise, let me know what they got... im sure we could all use something, LOL...

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Brian, I am looking for a modern sportbike inverted fork,disk brakes Front and rear with master cylinder/lever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts