Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a few pictures of my trump with a better camera. Ive got a small moon eyes oil bag that i havnt put on yet. still needs:

handle bars- i was thinking small risers with board track-esque handle bars.

air cleaners- id like velocity stacks on those amals

cocktail shakers- 19" and upswept

and of course an engine rebuild and paint. heh, my works just begining.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Wheel

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Galaxie500XL said:
How's the engine?
torn up! bad cylinder wall scarring, cracked piston, worn cam, looks like some oil starvation. she was definantly ridden hard. it needs alot and ive never rebuilt a motorcycle engine...or any engine for that matter. gunna be a learn'n experience.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
S.Krelborn said:
torn up! bad cylinder wall scarring, cracked piston, worn cam, looks like some oil starvation. she was definantly ridden hard. it needs alot and ive never rebuilt a motorcycle engine...or any engine for that matter. gunna be a learn'n experience.
will be a good learning experience. do it and yourself a favor and get a copy of the factory workshop manual for the year engine, there are reprints/copies available.

it will help you with the important procedures & has pictures of all the special tools, many of which can be fabbed up themselves.

once you get the primary & clutch off it & the cases split, you most definitely need to get into the crank's sludge trap if you're already finding oil starvation. here's an article for starters :

http://www.ironcross.net/sludge%20trap.htm

and here's what can happen when one stops up :

Good luck, lots of helpful knowlegable folks here.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dragon said:
will be a good learning experience. do it and yourself a favor and get a copy of the factory workshop manual for the year engine, there are reprints/copies available.

it will help you with the important procedures & has pictures of all the special tools, many of which can be fabbed up themselves.

once you get the primary & clutch off it & the cases split, you most definitely need to get into the crank's sludge trap if you're already finding oil starvation. here's an article for starters :

http://www.ironcross.net/sludge%20trap.htm

and here's what can happen when one stops up :

Good luck, lots of helpful knowlegable folks here.

thanks. i bought my self a copy of the workshop manual when i got the bike. havnt used it yet. also, that is a very good article. that issue is somewhere in my bathroom right now. seeing the motor above definately makes me feel better about the condition mines in. thanks for the info, and ill probably be asking a lot of questions and doing a lot of searches in the very near future. a lot of fellas here have been very helpful already answering other peoples questions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts