Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that after a couple years of being a member, I haven't introduced myself. So here we go...

Ok, the basics; I live in West Salem, Wisconsin. I grew up in and around old cars and have always loved bikes. I've been riding for a little over a year. My pride and joy is a 74 XLH that I inherited when my father passed away 4 years ago. I also have a 1958 Lambretta LD that is in about 200 pieces.

I am a Marine Corps vet. After my discharge, I went to school for Machine Tool & Die, Auto Tech, and Automotive Engine Machining. I am currently the foreman in a shop that builds engines for military HMMWV's.

I'm in the process of a full rebuild on my XL that has included a 75 inch S&S stroker. I should get to light the wick on it for the first time, within the next couple weeks. Hopefully the snow will hold off until then. If it doesn't, Oh well.

I plan on posting a thread soon that will recap my 'learning experience' as I've gone through my sportster. This is my first v-twin build, and it's been interesting.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome aboard, and THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE! Sounds like you have plenty of background for the build you're doing! We like photos! Looking forward to seeing your Sporty. Welcome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts