Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen it, but heard it's a tiny pinhole leaking gas. Is there a non-welding solution that will work, or is it destined for the torch. I don't know of anyone around my neck of the woods with balls enough to do it.

Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
KnuckleBuster said:
Haven't seen it, but heard it's a tiny pinhole leaking gas. Is there a non-welding solution that will work, or is it destined for the torch. I don't know of anyone around my neck of the woods with balls enough to do it.

I got some putty in a tube at my local independant auto parts store. It was labeled as gas tank sealer. It looks just like plumber's putty, or some version of JB Weld. It's two-part stuff with the reactant in the middle. You know, slice off a chunk and knead it with your fingers.

I had some nice holes at the lowest point in my BMW tank after I wire-brushed the rust off. I plugged it with that stuff and it held fuel for the five or so years I owned it. I sold it to a friend and it stayed fuel tight - at least until the bike dropped an exhaust valve and he sent it somewhere else to live.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Put a liner in it. I have seen Kreem cover a 1/8" hole and seal it shut. Just be sure the inside is clean first so it sticks well. I would guess any good liner product would work. They even make a liquid mask that you pour over the paint to protect it during the process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts