Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd put float at 1/4" and make sure its seating properly. Bendix carbs are bad for overflowing, adjusting float slightly lower than book calls for helps.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Your float valve may be bad, or you may have something hung in the orifice. I would pull the bowl, turn the gas on, and watch the flow, then lift the float, and see if it shuts off. If not, you need a cleaning or a float valve. With good parts, the factory setting on the float, should be good enough to stop the leaking.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Remove the float needle and examine the tip with a magnifier, some of them are coated with Viton, I had one that the ethanol swelled, if the needle is indented this can also cause the issue
do not set the float to 1/4" you can starve the motor, 3/16" as stated is correct

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check the condition of the o-ring on the main jet. My bendix was doing the same thing...checked/adjusted float, removed/replaced valve, still just poured fuel in at idle. Then noticed a tiny crack in the o-ring on the jet, replaced that...problem solved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.