Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to local parts store to see if I could find an a/c for my bike and I couldn't find any that fit. Now I have everything for the carb, just not the element. Having hell finding a part number just for the element, seems like everything I'm finding also comes with the cover, which sucks spending 65 bucks on half of what I already have.

It's a round bendix filter, figured it'd be pretty simple to google the info.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Looks like a replica Pan air filter cover. I may not be much help, but if you look in the JP cycles store, book or online, they offer them, and have the sizes of the different early style screens with the foam, and I believe, you can just get the foam by itself. Measure your opening in the outer cover, and then the width of the center hole, on the mounting plate, and a thickness from the cover, or the screen if you have it. Like I said, I am but little help, but maybe someone else will chime in and give you part numbers. If the mounting plate, has slots about one inch long and a quarter inch wide, all the way around, it is a Pan style housing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So its a foam element?
Was hoping I could go to Autozone and pick up a fram round filter or something.
Thanks for the heads up and I'll look at the bracket and see what it is.
Thanks again

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Well, I am guessing, not knowing the origin of the AC housing you have. Just a wild ass guess. But my method of finding one, is still correct. I am sure that JP has all the original ones(well, maybe not all of them), and with the measurements, you could find one that fits. The original style, had a screen, with a foam wrapping. K and N may make a replacement, and I think they do, but you will need to research the size, or for the type of AC housing you have. K and N, would be my choice. Install em, get em dirty, wash em out, reoil em, reinstall em and go. They last almost forever, with some maintenance, and even though they are more expensive, you will never have to buy one again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.