Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the two famous chops that were built by Benny, does anybody have any pics of Hardy motorbikes? I've searched around and can't find any bikes besides the Captain America and Billy bikes. I'm sure someone has a pic or two to share with the board...

Sugar Bear, you got a couple in yer stash?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
I never heard that the Wild Angels bike was Hardy built but I am sure that Hardy had a hand in this chopper with the tall stacks. Cliff Vaughs I believe.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Fell in love with the dragon tanked pan with that first kick in the movie. Had heard Ben Hardy was the builder, so it's true? If you look up chopper in the dictonary, a picture of that Harley should be there, as well as a defination which would include "bad ass", "just fuckin' perfect", and "the chopper that influenced a generation." Most of the gray beards here could add much more.

Ben Hardy's photo should show up when you look for genius.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the photos, I'm hoping to see more of what the man built. I know a lot of his bikes were "club' bikes and pics of those might be a little harder to find. Did any of his scoots show up in magazines back in the day?

I don't think that I have ever seen a pic of Benny either, just a photo of the outside of his shop.

Thanks for yer help in this. I hope that someone that knew him will write a book about those days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts