Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
crap, what's a good next step to take on the ol' triumph. Its all just sitting there now, no headlight, no bearings in the neck, top half of motor coming in soon, no electronics, no plumbing, no chain, getting close but not close enough. Just looking for ideas on a good course of action without wasting any fricking money.

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
While your waiting on motor parts get the rolling chassis done.That is if the paint is done.Next start on plumbing.Wireing is last so that you can keep it away from everything.Don't get in a rush or fustrated.You'll be able to look back with great pride knowing that you did it yourself.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Make a comprehensive parts list and put it all in categorys.Front end ,electrical, etc.It's easier if you can look at a list and check off done items.Add prices or estimated costs to each item so yo can budget your money.That will tell you an approximate date you can complete your bike.Try to list hardware,clamps,hoses,etc.The more detail to the list the better.I'd make the front end bearings a priority so it can be assembled and checked off.Do the back wheel with all the spacers etc. next so you have a finished platform to build on.Besides,then you can sit on and roll it.Hope this makes it easier. -Strat.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Whats up chris? i really like the stance your bike has. whats going on with the neck? Is there a bunch of filler and some plates welded up? I think it would look cool if it were hollowed out. IMO it breaks up the flow a little. A bigger tank with a deeper tunnel would prolly cover it though (maybe a stock trumpet tank) But what the fuck do I know? Just constructive criticizm. Ill have my ass and bike out in the mile high city soon. cant wait! Now I have to cut back on bike parts and get some new snowboarding shit. Only a couple of months....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts