Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, as anyone successfully gotten through to BDL on their tech support line? I've racked up about 6 hours waiting on hold in the last 2 days.

More importantly, does anyone know if the EV-72-47 (kick only) 3" belt will work on a bike that has a belt final drive?

I've got an '85 FXSB - Evo, 4-speed, with belt final drive and I want an open belt. If BDL doesn't offer a setup, does anyone know if Primo has one?

Thanks,

Cap

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I have gotten through to them a few times believe it or not and they have been very helpful. I dont know the answer to your second question but I can take a look tomorrow night at the shop and find out for sure. I do remember a customer with something similar.Just making sure you say the bike is a kick only right?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Belt. But I've also got a spare belt primary set up using a bandet clutch (I think) and electric start. It just came in a lot of parts that I bought. There's all sorts of folks (at least 15 yrs ago) making belt primary setups for 4 speeds. I really don't want to get rid of the stuff I have as everytime I have done that in the past, I have a need for it a year later. next time I go to the place where I'm storing it I'll check the brand on the spare. Did BDL take over for Primo?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Creepinogie said:
Belt. But I've also got a spare belt primary set up using a bandet clutch (I think) and electric start. It just came in a lot of parts that I bought. There's all sorts of folks (at least 15 yrs ago) making belt primary setups for 4 speeds. I really don't want to get rid of the stuff I have as everytime I have done that in the past, I have a need for it a year later. next time I go to the place where I'm storing it I'll check the brand on the spare. Did BDL take over for Primo?
NO!!! Primo is still the shit. I'd be careful with BDL set ups. heard nothing but bad stuff about them and thier customer service

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Back in my day of bike building there was Primo, Phase 3 and karata. I think Gates made all the belts and the companies made the pullys. Since the patent has gone off the Gates belt there's all sorts of companies making them. I think goodyear is one of them. Shit, back then $250 - $350 would buy an entire belt setup with pullies and everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts