7,257 Posts

·
Registered
7,257 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Damn G!! Those pix turned out firme..
You hit the nail on the head chosing that wall as a background. I'm digging that better than the original spot I wanted to shot @. Looking @ those pictures you'd never guess it was 110 degrees out! Thanks again for coming out and sweating your ass off...

-eddie

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dragon said:
similar question: Why have folks been steadily engineering/building more & more stiff/solid of seat-nose mounts ?

answer: Because they have actually ridden sprung solo bikes hard enough to experience/survive the sensation of a seat tilting to one side & trying to eject the rider.
Dragon,
Can you give more detail about these "solid seat-nose mounts"? Not why but more how can I fab up something similar 4 a 70 trump rigid...

thx

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Pops said:
Dragon,
Can you give more detail about these "solid seat-nose mounts"? Not why but more how can I fab up something similar 4 a 70 trump rigid...

thx
I was generally speaking of seeing the evolution of stiffer and better mounts, if you're handy it should'nt be hard to fab up something substantial enough to avoid that feeling of sitting atop a basketball.

Fabricator Kevin has been coming up with some good stuff lately, here's a few pix borrowed from his site & a link :

his original weld-on :

lots of good stuff here, & a great guy to deal with : http://www.fabkevin.com/parts.htm

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I actually enjoy riding with the heim joint set-up. The seat doesn't flex that much and it's got some give to it that makes it comfortable. Or it could be that my heavy ass keeps seat movement to a minimum. :eek: The real challenge is trying to keep from slipping off the back of the seat!!:D

I saw a similar set-up on the bare metal Triumph Bass built and decided to try it out, so far so good.

-eddie

Dragon said:
similar question: Why have folks been steadily engineering/building more & more stiff/solid of seat-nose mounts ?

answer: Because they have actually ridden sprung solo bikes hard enough to experience/survive the sensation of a seat tilting to one side & trying to eject the rider.

·
Registered
337 Posts
answer: Because they have actually ridden sprung solo bikes hard enough to experience/survive the sensation of a seat tilting to one side & trying to eject the rider.[/quote]

So what are you trying to say that if someone doesn't have a stiff/solid seat mount, they don't ride hard?

Sounds like your talking more about a mechanical bull..;)

-eddie

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.