Thank you.... Check PM

Cheers
L

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey there,
I got the timing all sorted out and the bottom end is now completed.... working my way up.
A good friend of mine had an extra set of 750cc Morgo cylinders just needing honing, my local dealer didn't have standard bore pistons in stock so I ordered directly from Morgo in UK... They were a pleasure to work with, and as always top quality products... I got their oil pump as well.
morgo 2.jpg

morgo 1.jpg morgo 2.jpg

Reactions: Goldy

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I have a '67 Bonneville head I want to use on this motor... it was in fair condition but one of the over sized exhaust spigots was missing and threads stripped. I decided to have a go at machining an odd ball sized tap and spigot to match as I did not want to remove any more material from the head. It worked out well!
I also had to do a HeliCoil repair on all the rocker box screw threads. Now that I knew the head was good again I sent it off to get the valve seats redone. I got Norman Hybe valves with chrome stems, so modern gasoline will not be an issue.

exhaust 1.jpg

exhaust 2.jpg

exhaust 3.jpg

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
That's really good, glad to see action in this thread again.

An acquaintance built a pretty remarkable T100 using a Daytona head that, as found, had very thick aluminum exhaust spigots welded in. He found they sequestered/gave away so much combustion heat that his stainless headers refused to turn color. If anybody's interested, the guy discusses this and a hell of a lot more in his build thread here:

·
Registered
280 Posts
"I sent it off to get the valve seats redone. I got Norman Hybe valves with chrome stems, so modern gasoline will not be an issue."
I get having the valve seats replaced , but the chrome stemmed valves, never heard of that. Can they mask off the valve so just the stem gets chromed, hows it work?.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I picked up a NOS 21" DID rim at a swap meet a few years ago... it was in great condition and perfect for this build. I had to breath some new life into a heavily corroded Jap hub I had in my parts hoarding pile, ended up having to "lick" off some stock to get rid of the pitting. It polished up well after this, new bearing and seals from All Balls and stainless spokes by Buchanan's of course.

hub 1.jpg

hub 2.jpg

hub 3.jpg

hub 4.jpg

wheel 1.jpg

Reactions: HayMike

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
"I sent it off to get the valve seats redone. I got Norman Hybe valves with chrome stems, so modern gasoline will not be an issue."
I get having the valve seats replaced , but the chrome stemmed valves, never heard of that. Can they mask off the valve so just the stem gets chromed, hows it work?.
Hey Thunderbird,

I am not sure how the Norman Hyde people do it.... maybe chrome first then grid later. I referred to their website and it did not go into details. I was told they were the shit so I ran with that. o_O

L

41 - 48 of 48 Posts