Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up! I wanted to ask.. What needle position were you running on your single carb Trump?

240 jet if I remember right, huh..?

Thanks mate!

P.s. I'm about to kick it for the first time after the whole rebuild... probably Friday or Saturday...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
=mike= said:
mini hijack . . . F/D did you get my P/M . . . ? T/Y

:)
Hey!
I just saw it when I opened this thread again... I didn't get an e-mail message about it..

You mean about putting the brake levers on the inside of the risers.. I'm gonna try it. See if it fits.
It might get too narrow... Good idea though.. hadn't thought about that one.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
=mike= said:
take some pictures if you set it up :) I'd like to see how it looks myself . I sent you a P.M. not an email . . . I think . . .
yeah... You sent a PM... But, on the HAMB I get an e-mail message when I receive a PM. That function is probably not working yet on here.

I'll see when I set it up... Might try next week. Probably first gonna make the bike running this week. I wanna be in the wind! :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey Maurice...I was running on the center groove, but that may not have been optimal.

I'll have to check on the jet size again...I've still got the box the Amal came in out in the shop.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bass... I put it on the center groove now (book says to for TR6), but, since I'm running a velocity stack, I might put it in the bottom one, because I get more air than stock.
There was a 230 jet on it from the factory (like book also says)... I put in a 240. I'm almost sure I remember that that is what you ran. It'll work better with the big bore kit.

Mike... Here's a few more.. I made a lot more progress lately though. Bike's almost finished.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Flyin' Dutchman said:
Wow! Thank you!

All we have to do from now to get it running/roadworthy..:

Attach front brake cable..
Attach throttle cable...
Install magneto + plugwires
Hook up headlight..
Add oil and fuel...

And kick it..!