Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to come up with a color to repaint my bike, I decided that bare metal is an option. Seat and frame would remain black, the rest would be chrome and bare steel. Anyone have any pics of bare bikes? Thanks.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bugman said:
I'm bored, here's a small list to check out from DICE.
Zero Engineering - issue 5
Bass'- issue 8
Rykk Budd's Indian - issue 7
Brandonegro's Tiny Dancer, Kirk's "My Little Pony", Triton - issue 6
Chuka's Triton- issue 1
Triton- issue 2
Fuck, issue 9 has three or four in it.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Panman51 said:
Checkout the movie Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. The Harley was bare metal.
it's been years since i've seen that movie, but i don t think anything on mickey rourkes "harley" was stock H-D at all.
i forget who made it but i'm sure someone here will know.
i recall hearing that it was an exile bike. i dunno. it was about 15 years ago. i could be wrong. i've been wrong before,but not often.

either way that was a cool bike.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Mike V said:
Not an exile bike, it was built by Gene Thomason.

thanx MV. i knew someone would know that. this time i was misinformed.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
beatcad said:
thanx MV. i knew someone would know that. this time i was misinformed.
Was'nt Bartells' also involved in that 1" downtube stretched FXR somehow?...

Here is a bare metal bike for ya...:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Danny,
I read that Thomason worked at Bartels when he built the bike.

I don't know if the bike was named Black Death or not, but Rourke had something to do with a company called Black Death Cycles that built reproductions of the FXR. No idea how many reproductions they sold.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Mickey Rourke is a fucking freak and I doubt much ever happened with the re-creations of the bike from the movie....he blew all his money on plastic surgery. But here is an article about the bike and the clone...... I remember reading this article on the shitter some time ago.

http://hotrodsbikeworks.com/features/0306hrb_mickey_rourke_black_death/

Larry T said:
Danny,
I read that Thomason worked at Bartels when he built the bike.

I don't know if the bike was named Black Death or not, but Rourke had something to do with a company called Black Death Cycles that built reproductions of the FXR. No idea how many reproductions they sold.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Here's mine (until last year), Imron clear (for toughness and adhesion qualities) then striped by Treth and buried in PPG high build (with orange pearl in the first coat) for polishing. Still looks great after 10 years. DON'T touch the metal with your hands before painting it! Or you'll have to paint it again like I did...

Pm me for details if ya want. - Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Conder said:
Here's mine (until last year), Imron clear (for toughness and adhesion qualities) then striped by Treth and buried in PPG high build (with orange pearl in the first coat) for polishing. Still looks great after 10 years. DON'T touch the metal with your hands before painting it! Or you'll have to paint it again like I did.

Pm me for details if ya want. - Good luck!
you did that bike in 96? if so way ahead of its time...

·
Registered
591 Posts
AJH said:
you did that bike in 96? if so way ahead of its time...
I started it in '93 for a friend and it took him 3 years to pay for the work. I bought it from him after I finished it. MOON did the oil tank just for the bike and the Halibrand back wheel is actually a car front wheel (it still has the Anglia bearing races inside it!)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Conder said:
I started it in '93 for a friend and it took him 3 years to pay for the work. I bought it from him after I finished it. MOON did the oil tank just for the bike and the Halibrand back wheel is actually a car front wheel (it still has the Anglia bearing races inside it!)
nice - AJ

1 - 20 of 23 Posts