Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jimmy D here and I'm a new cat here to this board.Gotta do it I guess.Anyway,love what I've seen here so far.I'll attach pics of my latest work in progress if I can figure it out.Any BSA guys here?

Jimmy Diesel

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've got a 68 lightning hardtail. Had the BSA blowup though, so now I need to put it back together. My favorite bike though.

Gary

·
Registered
377 Posts
jimmydiesel said:
Jimmy D here and I'm a new cat here to this board.Gotta do it I guess.Anyway,love what I've seen here so far.I'll attach pics of my latest work in progress if I can figure it out.Any BSA guys here?

Jimmy Diesel
There is quite a few bsa guys, my wife has one on the back burner, and baytowngreaser is building one. There's alot more I'm sure. What color is the center of the tank, Dark green? It looks killer.

-john

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry,

files too big.Tank has orange pinstripe now,frame is almost ready for paint.Need to wire this weekend.The frame pic was 2 months ago or so.Hope you dig.Has all the chop stuff not seen in pics.Octagon oil tank,rebuilt/mod AEE springer by me,seat mounts blah,blah.Anyhow,I think it has nice lines.Oh yeah,I cut off the mid 70's drug induced hardtail----welded on crooked and poorly---and bent up my own.Same length,a few different bends.

Jimmy Diesel

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Killer,

I saw a BSA the Choppahead guys had at the SO----totally sweet.

Gahi,how'd your Beezer blow up?Hopefully not a bad one.

Jabber,naw---it's a light green.Almost like an HOK Cosmic Green---which I was shooting for.Trick paint.It's rattle can.Couldn't buck up for HOK.Whole tank was done for $90.It was only $10 before I had it hand lettered and pinstriped on top.I have the Indian Larry ? with wings in green and "The Mainliner" above the gas cap in bone letters.I'll send those when I figure out my new cam.

Jimmy Diesel

·
Registered
207 Posts
My crank had too much side to side play, which caused the left rod bearing to run out of oil. It seized, the rod broke, killed the cylinders, crank, a piston, and cases. Its not that uncommon. Keep and eye on your crank play. Its easy to check through the alternator cover. There are a few fixes for it, I'm trying the cheapo one. Replace the roller bearing with a ball bearing thats pressed into the case and the crank uses that to keep it from moving side to side.
Gary

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shamrox,

I dunno,lots of guys have HOK green hues and I ain't had it out running with that paint.Seems like green made its 10 year comeback.The new popular thing.I love green....and no matter what year or fad...I roll green.Not all green on a bike though----you know why right?You probably have me confused with another cat.

Jimmy Diesel

·
Registered
456 Posts
jimmydiesel said:
Shamrox,

I dunno,lots of guys have HOK green hues and I ain't had it out running with that paint.Seems like green made its 10 year comeback.The new popular thing.I love green....and no matter what year or fad...I roll green.Not all green on a bike though----you know why right?You probably have me confused with another cat.

Jimmy Diesel
Or...I saw a panel of it in Bladez's driveway...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shamrox said:
Hmmm, do I know you?? ...that green paint looks REAL familiar.
Yeah you two met in my driveway the weekend of the Smokeout, then you too rode together in C's Tahoe and one of you put it in a fucking ditch at the Rock Harley... Remember??? The one of you drove it down the wrong end of the exit ramp on I-85, man I can go on and on of all the shit that happened at the Smoke Out... All I want to know is who banged the chick in the bathroom at the Waffle House???

Small World....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Jimmy Bladez said:
Yeah you two met in my driveway the weekend of the Smokeout, then you too rode together in C's Tahoe and one of you put it in a fucking ditch at the Rock Harley... Remember??? The one of you drove it down the wrong end of the exit ramp on I-85, man I can go on and on of all the shit that happened at the Smoke Out... All I want to know is who banged the chick in the bathroom at the Waffle House???

Small World....
Buahahahahahhaha :D

...ummm, yeah I dunno nothin about that ditch...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts